Can't Access Recovery Mode or Get Past Pin

Katal505

Reaction score
I rooted the phone out of the box, had no problems. About 3 weeks later I started having insane amount of random reboots (3-5 times an hour). So I decided to do a factory reset. I downloaded and installed Titanium Backup and ran it.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pr...an-install-restore-using-titanium-backup.html
I did a factory reset and I let the phone sit for 2 hours to make sure it was had solved the problem. Apparently it had. When using the backup I made sure to only backup simple things, like game save files and some stuff I got off the market so I wouldn't have to go through the pain of re downloading them all.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pr...an-install-restore-using-titanium-backup.html
I followed this guide to the t. However when I rebooted my phone a little while later I was prompted with the pin I created. I entered the pin that I've had since I've the phone and it didn't work. I tried several more times and the pin simply didn't work.

Remembering the part about the PIN being messed up in that guide I decided to boot into recovery mode and just start again. When I go to recovery mode I just get the android laying down and open with a red exclamation mark. No idea what to do now. USB debugging is off. I backed up all my files on my PC so there isn't anything I'm afraid to lose on the phone. I went back to my original Motorola Droid until I can figure this out.

Thanks for any help I can get. The nexus was amazing until this happened.

What method did you use to root? From all the methods I've seen they all have a step for flashing CWM

Do you have ADB/SDK Tools set up on your computer? If so, boot the phone into bootloader mode manually (both volume buttons and power button). Open your command terminal and push the recovery with fastboot.

ok, I fixed the problem. I used ADB like you said and locked the boot loader then unlocked it. Wiped my phone and have used backup titanium to restore the same exact files now that I know what to do in case this happens again, and it worked without problems. For some reason I had it stuck in my head that I couldn't do anything via adb unless I had USB Debugging enabled. Thank you for helping me and reminding me how stupid I was. Guess I panicked about my device because it was so new.:p

ok, I fixed the problem. I used ADB like you said and locked the boot loader then unlocked it. Wiped my phone and have used backup titanium to restore the same exact files now that I know what to do in case this happens again, and it worked without problems. For some reason I had it stuck in my head that I couldn't do anything via adb unless I had USB Debugging enabled. Thank you for helping me and reminding me how stupid I was. Guess I panicked about my device because it was so new.:p

Glad you got it worked out :)

Back