Can't download Gmail zip attachment

wirecutter

Reaction score
I got an email with a zip attachment and from the Gmail app it doesn't give me the option to download it. There is a preview button which doesn't seem to do anything.
I found some posts in other forums suggesting to uninstall updates for the Gmail app and then reinstalling updates, but looks like this phone shipped with the most updated version so there are no updates to uninstall. Is there a fix for this?

the preview button should download it but you need an app to open it. Try installing a file manager. (Astro, EStrong File Manager, etc)

I had the same issue..if it's important and u can't wait, I've just used Skyfire to d/l zips. Goes to /downloads

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

I haev OI file manager, eStrongs and Astro installed. When I click the preview button there is a brief message that pops up that says someting liek 'check SD card for file'. It times out and disappears and I've searched the SD card and there is no sign of the file. It definitely doesn't take me to a file manager.
When I look at some other stuff on the web, it sounds like there is supposed to be a download button, but I don't see one. I only see the preview button.

I am able to download the attachments using gmail through the browser so I'm not stuck, but it's annoying to have to do so.

Any other thoughts?

the preview button should download it but you need an app to open it. Try installing a file manager. (Astro, EStrong File Manager, etc)

Last edited:
Back