Chrome to Phone Not Installing

i did this, and it shows that the removal was successful. but when i try to install the new version from mkt, i still get an unsuccessful install...??

EDIT: hold on - i forgot to reboot...

2d EDIT: yep, that did the trik - successful install. thanks, guys!!

su
rmapk chrome

Sent from my Droid

What would be the proper delete command for this in terminal?

Thanks.

rm /system/app/ChromeToPhone.apk

I appreciate your help, PDroid, but I get rm failed for /system/app/ChromeToPhone.apk. Read-only file system.

Do I need to change the attributes first and if so, what would be that command. Would purchasing root explorer make this easier?

Thanks again.

I forgot you could rmapk to get rid of C2P.

FYI, your problem was that you didn't mount system r/w. I sometimes take for granted what people know or don't know when doing stuff like this. My apologies. :)

Chrome to Phone Install Issue

The app on the market will download but always says that the installation was unsuccessful... Any advice?

I'm running 2.2 on LithiumMod 1012 on my Droid

Merged thread. This appears to be something that's happening to everyone, moved everything to Droid Apps.

open the terminal emulator in Dev Tools or another terminal emulator you have, enter
su
rmapk chrome
reboot

You should be able to get it to install after a reboot

Applies to Sapphire 1.0

rm /system/app/ChromeToPhone.apk

I appreciate your help, PDroid, but I get rm failed for /system/app/ChromeToPhone.apk. Read-only file system.

Do I need to change the attributes first and if so, what would be that command. Would purchasing root explorer make this easier?

Thanks again.

I forgot you could rmapk to get rid of C2P.

FYI, your problem was that you didn't mount system r/w. I sometimes take for granted what people know or don't know when doing stuff like this. My apologies. :)

No problems! I'm pretty techie myself (I manage a data warehouse for a generic pharmaceutical company) and I'll do the same thing with people at my office. I'm just not as hardcore as you guys with the coding and development! dancedroid

open the terminal emulator in Dev Tools or another terminal emulator you have, enter
su
rmapk chrome
reboot

You should be able to get it to install after a reboot

Applies to Sapphire 1.0

How do I do this under BB 0.4?

Though I've never used BB 0.4, you should be able to do this:

su
sysrw
rm /system/app/chrometophone.apk
sysro
reboot

Something along those lines should work. If not, try capitalizing it, or checking your spelling. Again, I've never used BB 0.4, but that should work unless he spells it different.

su
rmapk chrome

Sent from my Droid

Thanks. This and then a reboot did the trick for me.

Yep. If you type in rmapk or switchapk, it lists off all that those two scripts can do, which is a LOT. I love scriptybox :D

Oh, and typing in scriptybox lists off all scripts you can do als. Totally forgot about that...

Cant install Chrome to Phone from market

I get an error about signing something when i try to overwrite the preloaded chrome to phone app with the one from the market. I tried removing it by using the rmapk script with terminal emulator but it still wouldn't allow me to install the market app. The chrome to phone apk thats available from the code developers website installs just fine, but i would rather get updates from the market than have to look at the chrome to phone website to see if there are any updates. Any help would be appreciated.

I get an error about signing something when i try to overwrite the preloaded chrome to phone app with the one from the market. I tried removing it by using the rmapk script with terminal emulator but it still wouldn't allow me to install the market app. The chrome to phone apk thats available from the code developers website installs just fine, but i would rather get updates from the market than have to look at the chrome to phone website to see if there are any updates. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you reboot after removing it? This solved my problems for Facebook and Chrometophone that I had previously had in my /system/app and wanted to get the ones on the market. I removed both, and tried to install it, and it failed. Rebooting solved that failed to install issue.

Did you reboot after removing it? This solved my problems for Facebook and Chrometophone that I had previously had in my /system/app and wanted to get the ones on the market. I removed both, and tried to install it, and it failed. Rebooting solved that failed to install issue.

Yup I rebooted but i still get the same install error.

Yup I rebooted but i still get the same install error.

Do you have root explorer? If so, go into your /system/app folder and see if there is any chrometophone app in there at all.

Back