Cleantool Script

I downloaded the complete Rezound list (the .PNG one) and am going to really hit the disable list hard over the next couple of days. There's a freaking TON of crap I want to freeze.

Posting from my Rezound....enjoying the beats.

I turned the list into a CSV a few posts later. Save the time, I've already done the work for you

I turned the list into a CSV a few posts later. Save the time, I've already done the work for you

I didn't like how the csv displayed. I'm simply checking off apps on the printed pic as I enter them into the script. Call me old school, lol.

Posting from my Rezound....enjoying the beats.

Do you guys know of a similar cleantool script that would work like this one for the Incredible? My friend was complaining about the bloatware on her phone and hasn't a tech savvy bone in her body so she has no idea what rooting is ... And I can't give her a crash course in a phone I'm not familiar with to someone who has no desire to root. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Do you guys know of a similar cleantool script that would work like this one for the Incredible? My friend was complaining about the bloatware on her phone and hasn't a tech savvy bone in her body so she has no idea what rooting is ... And I can't give her a crash course in a phone I'm not familiar with to someone who has no desire to root. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!!

You can actually use this one. You just have to identify the packages on the incredible. I'll double check to make sure but the zerg root method came from the dinc I believe. At the very worst, comment out the rooting portion(whole first half) get her a copy of http://mypcdominion.com/Files/android/a_z4root.1.3.0.apk (Z4 Root) which runs as an application. Choose temp root, run the script and viola. Temp rooted cleaned up and your friend can reboot and forget what root was.

OK, I ran the script and it worked this time.... Too good in fact. It removed the ability for me to add a shortcut to many of my apps installed. For example I cannot add a shortcut to my yahoo mail app on the home screen.

I used the app list from page one:

@adb shell pm disable com.adobe.reader
@adb shell pm disable com.blockbuster.app.htc
@adb shell pm disable com.mobitv.client.nfl2010
@adb shell pm disable com.gameloft.android.Verizon.GloftLGolf2.lgolf2
@adb shell pm disable com.amazon.kindle
@adb shell pm disable com.slacker.radio
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.android.htcsetupwizard
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.appsharing
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.socialnetwork.flickr
@adb shell pm disable com.ea.nfshp
@adb shell pm disable com.vzw.hss.myverizon
@adb shell pm disable com.pv.android.verizon.mod
@adb shell pm disable com.pv.android.verizon.avod
@adb shell pm disable com.videosurf.activity
@adb shell pm disable com.vznavigator.ADR6425LVW
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.VzWBackupAssistantClient
@adb shell pm disable com.mtag.scan
@adb shell pm disable com.google.android.apps.books
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.htctwitter
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.android.footprints
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.footprints.widget3d
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.mim
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.friendstream
@adb shell pm disable com.htcidlescreen.socialnetwork
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.googlereader
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.googlereaderwidget
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.reportagent
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.usagemonitor
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.dockmode
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.stock
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.facebookchat
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.Twitter3DWidget
@adb shell pm disable com.muvee.video.trimer
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.tetheringguard
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.stockidlescreen
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.stockwidget
@adb shell pm disable com.vcast.service
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.mimwidget
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.WifiRouter

Can someone tell me which one I need to change to "enable" in order to get that ability back? Thanks...

edit... I also just noticed I do not have the ability now to mount the SD card as a drive so I can move/remove items from my drive. I reconnect the phonen and I do not have that option.

double crap!!! its stuck in a boot loop now!!!

Last edited:
You can actually use this one. You just have to identify the packages on the incredible. I'll double check to make sure but the zerg root method came from the dinc I believe. At the very worst, comment out the rooting portion(whole first half) get her a copy of http://mypcdominion.com/Files/android/a_z4root.1.3.0.apk (Z4 Root) which runs as an application. Choose temp root, run the script and viola. Temp rooted cleaned up and your friend can reboot and forget what root was.

Thank you!! We'll give it a shot next time she comes over... I had hoped it wouldnt be too much different seeing as how its the same brand of phone and on the same carrier. It's just an older phone ;)

Thanks buddy! :)

OK, I ran the script and it worked this time.... Too good in fact. It removed the ability for me to add a shortcut to many of my apps installed. For example I cannot add a shortcut to my yahoo mail app on the home screen.

I used the app list from page one:

Snip...

Can someone tell me which one I need to change to "enable" in order to get that ability back? Thanks...

edit... I also just noticed I do not have the ability now to mount the SD card as a drive so I can move/remove items from my drive. I reconnect the phonen and I do not have that option.

double crap!!! its stuck in a boot loop now!!!

Ok tackling problems one at a time.

1) Temp rooting unmounts your SD card. You need to remount it after you go through the process.
2) See #1 ;-)
3) Boot looping happens. Try pulling the battery. That usually solves the problem. Worse come to worst, you can factory reset. Pain in the "A" but I've done it a few times now and it's only a few minutes of pain to get setup again.

Thank you!! We'll give it a shot next time she comes over... I had hoped it wouldnt be too much different seeing as how its the same brand of phone and on the same carrier. It's just an older phone ;)

Thanks buddy! :)

The easiest way to pull a list of packages installed on a phone is to get ADB running, and query the phone. You can actually use this package for that as well...
1) Install HTC USB Drivers (Same drivers you used for your phone)
2) Turn on USB Debugging on the phone
3) Open a command prompt and navigate to the directory where you have this script ( cd "\CleanTOOL v1.1")
4) Type "adb shell pm list packages" <Hit enter>
-- This generates the list of packages currently installed on the phone.

Now you have everything you need to edit the CleanTool script for the Dinc.

Ok tackling problems one at a time.

1) Temp rooting unmounts your SD card. You need to remount it after you go through the process.
2) See #1 ;-)
3) Boot looping happens. Try pulling the battery. That usually solves the problem. Worse come to worst, you can factory reset. Pain in the "A" but I've done it a few times now and it's only a few minutes of pain to get setup again.

OK, did pull the battery and it restarted fine. I noticed some of the app icons I kept came back as well. If I want to enable something like NFL network, I just change that part to enable, correct? I can leave everything else in about disable and it shouldn't matter?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OK, did pull the battery and it restarted fine. I noticed some of the app icons I kept came back as well. If I want to enable something like NFL network, I just change that part to enable, correct? I can leave everything else in about disable and it shouldn't matter?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
Yes, you can either leave them as disable(I do just to make sure the apps stay dead) and change the ones you want back to enable. Apps will come back when they're updated so you may want to run the script every so often especially if you see them being updated.

I did this last night and worked as planned. The thing I can't seem to get back is the data usage widget thingamabob doohickey. I enabled myverizon again, but still can't get the widget to populate. it's not even in my list of widgets.

I did this last night and worked as planned. The thing I can't seem to get back is the data usage widget thingamabob doohickey. I enabled myverizon again, but still can't get the widget to populate. it's not even in my list of widgets.

Did you reboot? Somethings need the home launcher to restart to show up again. If you're using launcher pro, it can be restarted. Sense cannot be, you can only restart the phone.

May have to enable mycerizon as well because if you click the widgit it opens up my Verizon.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

Back