ClockworkMod Recovery / BB Not able to Back Up

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I updated to ClockworkMod Recovery v1.7.8.4 and attempted to backup my BB 0.9 so I can re-flash to BD 8.1.1 - I get this error:

Backing up boot...
Error while dumping boot image

So I go into nandroid / backup and get the same error.

Not sure if it's happening to others or not, but I'm sort of bummed I can't save a BB to go back to it later.

Looks like it's across the board for everyone running 1.7.8.4. Need to flash an old version from clockworkmod folder on the sdcard.

Looks like it's across the board for everyone running 1.7.8.4. Need to flash an old version from clockworkmod folder on the sdcard.

how do we flash an old version?

btw, love your light blue bowerbar!

Last edited:
Just a second, doing it myself then I will report back with steps just to make sure.

I updated to ClockworkMod Recovery v1.7.8.4 and attempted to backup my BB 0.9 so I can re-flash to BD 8.1.1 - I get this error:

Backing up boot...
Error while dumping boot image

So I go into nandroid / backup and get the same error.

Not sure if it's happening to others or not, but I'm sort of bummed I can't save a BB to go back to it later.
Yes, it is happening to me also. I did a backup and restore right before upgrading that worked flawlessly also.

I'm sure a fix is on the way...

:)

Mike

ADB

adb shell
flash_image recovery /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/koush.romraid.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-1.7.8.3-sholes.img

Terminal commands

su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/koush.romraid.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-1.7.8.3-sholes.img

he added it but its doesnt come up a a pop up when you load the rom look at the current recovery and it will say latest is 1.7.8.3 then flash it and you will be good.

ADB

adb shell

Terminal commands

su

looks like koush reverted back to v1.7.8.3
flashed again and now its working.

Yes, all is well again....thanks to everyone and glad it was resolved and/or brought to Kouch's attention.

ADB

adb shell

Terminal commands

su
as soon as i type in flash it says flash permission denied..What to do ???

Back