COMPCACHE for UD *2.5.0*!! [Instructions] Updated 12/16/10

You shouldn't have to. Mine starts when I power on my phone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Yea, no need to "compcache start" in terminal upon each reboot since the script is built into UD 2.3.0 to automatically start .

hmmm i flashed a slayher kernel and the compcache flash, and i selected 18%, but not showing anything under setcpu...have 0kB for swap

when i type compache stats in terminal i get:

stats: not a typewriter

whatever that means...any idea what i did wrong?

In the terminal you must first type "su" without the quotes then hit enter. Then you will type "compcache start" hit enter. type in "reboot" and then enter once more.

excellent that did it. thank you, sir! one quick question, now that its enabled it'll stay enabled regardless of reboots right? or do i have to do a compcache start in terminal everytime i reboot my phone?

Compcache will automatically start from now on. In previous versions, we had to add a line of code manually to get it started on boot, but Blackdroid added it for us with this release.

Running the command after su, I get no such file error

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Compcache works for me after installing the LFY kernel, then enabling in UD setings, then reboot... no extra zip required...

Now, if compcache would stop crashing my phone...

Yea, no need to "compcache start" in terminal upon each reboot since the script is built into UD 2.3.0 to automatically start .

after installing everything...upon reboots...i have to re-enable in terminal emulator by typing in "compcache start" after I have done that I type in "compcache stats" and can see a bunch of stats....but if I dont start it upon a reboot...it doesnt just start itself...

doing something wrong?

works perfect. Only reason why I opted to install compcache was because of the angry birds comment! And sure enough after a call it went straight back to angry birds with an ever smooth transition. Amazing!

What do you guys recommend for RAM usage percentage? This is under the performance setting. I see that the default is 18% The higher the percentage the more in increase of performance? or how does this work?

bump on this question please

what's compcache's function besides making multitasking easier? how does it work?

Can't find ramzswap0 file, odd

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

did you flash the compcache script in the OP?

if no, then do that, but if you did then try typing "su" then "compcache start" in terminal emulator.

What do you guys recommend for RAM usage percentage? This is under the performance setting. I see that the default is 18% The higher the percentage the more in increase of performance? or how does this work?

bump on this question please

The higher the percentage, the more of actual RAM is compressed. Theoretically it should give higher performance, but compressed RAM requires a reboot every day or two. You may find taht you have to reboot more often with a higher percentage. I keep it on the max percentage and reboot once a day.

Compcache works for me after installing the LFY kernel, then enabling in UD setings, then reboot... no extra zip required...

Now, if compcache would stop crashing my phone...

Did you have compcache running coming from 2.1?(if that's what you came from).

Back