Congrats! You guys get Jellybean in mid-July!

Probably sooner for us ROMers since the sdk became available. Verizon could totally botch the release of JB like they did a simple update for ICS. I'm counting on the devs to get it out

Verizon has to do all their test first. We will see this on the nexus in late October.

And also they said the galaxy nexus they are probably talking about the gsm version

Maybe the HD will launch with it. Could be moto's way of one using the s3.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

mgrande said:
Maybe the HD will launch with it. Could be moto's way of one using the s3.

It will need more than JB. If it does not come with 2 gigs of ram then the phone will be like the the razor maxx. A mid level specs phone with a big battery

And also they said the galaxy nexus they are probably talking about the gsm version

Correct. GSM will get an OTA in July and CDMA users will likely have to wait. Apparently some devs at I/O got the Nexus Q OTA and will upload it for other devs to use. Its not source code so don't expect much, but we Nexus users could see a fairly stock JB ROM within a week or so.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

What does a phone need 2gb of ram for, other than saying "lol our hardware is amazing but it has no use"? In all seriousness, I must have fallen behind th times :). Then again my original epic never lagged and I think it only had 5xx ram, my standards must be low lol.

What does a phone need 2gb of ram for, other than saying "lol our hardware is amazing but it has no use"? In all seriousness, I must have fallen behind th times :). Then again my original epic never lagged and I think it only had 5xx ram, my standards must be low lol.

No. You're right. There is no practical use for 2GB RAM at this time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

How would the HD be mid level? Hi def screen, latest s4, 12 mp camera, ics, and a battery that lasts.

With that much ram i am going to assume some sort of laptop interface or tablet interface will be available with it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

mgrande said:
How would the HD be mid level? Hi def screen, latest s4, 12 mp camera, ics, and a battery that lasts.

as of right now the only thing we know about this phone is that out will have a HD screen and the S4 processor and ics. Everyone says that it will have a 12 megapixel camera but we also had that discussion with the nexus and the S3 and as we know neither oneof those happen. the rumors also say that sony is going to make the camera. they have not put a good camera in their own phones why would it be any different for this one? when rumors came out about this phone it sounded great. the problem is that was 4 months ago. the HD should have been the razor maxx.

as of right now the only thing we know about this phone is that out will have a HD screen and the S4 processor and ics. Everyone says that it will have a 12 megapixel camera but we also had that discussion with the nexus and the S3 and as we know neither oneof those happen. the rumors also say that sony is going to make the camera. they have not put a good camera in their own phones why would it be any different for this one? when rumors came out about this phone it sounded great. the problem is that was 4 months ago. the HD should have been the razor maxx.

So basically motorolas competitor to the sgs3 and OneX, except this will probably (assuming) have a 3k+mah battery making it better by default. I don't wish to troll here, but why would moto release the HD instead of the maxx? That would be a very large un needed advancement.

Caesars said:
So basically motorolas competitor to the sgs3 and OneX, except this will probably (assuming) have a 3k+mah battery making it better by default. I don't wish to troll here, but why would moto release the HD instead of the maxx? That would be a very large un needed advancement.

To me the 2 gigs is what set the phones apart. and I do not get why motorola would come out with the razor. and then come out with the exact same phone with a bigger battery. a bigger battery does not make it a better phone. my nexus beats out my maxx in everything but the battery life. I just think motorola is following other manufacturers instead of trying to beat them out. hopefully now that google bought them out they will become the standard of phones once again

Back