Cool little find when I was messing around

cloud12077

Reaction score
So the other night before bed I was trying to change my alarm and accidentally long pressed the clock screen. It gave me a black screen with a blue digital clock. I though this was the coolest thing ever!

Now when I want to know what time it is I don't have to wake my phone up!

Screenshot_2011-12-22-14-58-51.png

what do you mean you dont have to wake your phone? i got the blue clock then hit the pwr button and the screen is black.. what are you talking about exactly

I'm also am not sure what he is talking about since you have to unlock and go in to the clock app to access this, seems to me this is a lot more work than just "waking" the phone.

Also, not sure if you are aware, but if you swipe on the clock screen it dims the clock, I'm guessing night mode.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

what do you mean you dont have to wake your phone? i got the blue clock then hit the pwr button and the screen is black.. what are you talking about exactly

I mean I don't have to hit the power button to see the time. I can just roll over and see the time.

But it keeps the phone running with what I assume to be minimal usage.

Oh I think I what he means now. What he does is puts this blue clock on and just leaves it on. The screen will not time out so long as it is plugged in on this screen, maybe it doesn't need to be plugged in, I can't confirm that.

Oh I think I what he means now. What he does is puts this blue clock on and just leaves it on. The screen will not time out so long as it is plugged in on this screen, maybe it doesn't need to be plugged in, I can't confirm that.

Yes that is what I mean...thank you for clarifying for me! Also it only stays on when plugged in, but I always have my phone plugged in at night anyway.

This is a cool feature! I set mine like that at night too... if only they had a dock to make it stand up like an alarm clock (like my OG droid).

From what screen are you long pressing?

I have tried it on the clock and the page where you set the alarm, I cant get it.

Nice find. Tapping dims it (already knew that), holding turns the background black and clock blue (thank you), holding while already dim looks like it would be the most power-efficient.

However, this is my first SAMOLED displayed and I'm worried about burn-in......something I've never had to worry about since all I've used in the past is LCD.

Nice find. Tapping dims it (already knew that), holding turns the background black and clock blue (thank you), holding while already dim looks like it would be the most power-efficient.

However, this is my first SAMOLED displayed and I'm worried about burn-in......something I've never had to worry about since all I've used in the past is LCD.

If you wait it moves every minute to prevent burn in.

The clock also shows up if docked. I think that is what the screen is for.

If you wait it moves every minute to prevent burn in.

The clock also shows up if docked. I think that is what the screen is for.

Awesome. That is how my OG Droid was....I suspected that was the case but don't have a dock yet.

Where did you get yours?

Back