"Could not be downloaded. Free up some space on your phone and try again."

bluntfingers

Reaction score
Ive recently flashed a different ROM to my phone and i love it but i have one problem. When i try to download anything it gives me this error message: "Could not be downloaded. Free up some space on your phone and try again." I figured this is because the phone automatically saves downloads to the phone instead of the SD. So does anyone know how i can fix this and save on to my SD again?

PS: sorry if someone already asked this, i didn't see any posts relating to this so i decided to post it. :icon_ banana:

I have a SCH-I500 with verizon and im running Jt's Super Clean DI01. After messing with this lastnight though, i noticed that i can still download apps and songs. the only app that seems to be doing this now is Caller ID Faker. when i try to download a call i made i notice the file name is <unknown> and thats when i get the error that i dont have enough space.

Posting in the correct area may help you get an answer. Unfortunately I know nothing about the Fascinate but maybe someone will see your post here and help.

I have a SCH-I500 with verizon and im running Jt's Super Clean DI01. After messing with this lastnight though, i noticed that i can still download apps and songs. the only app that seems to be doing this now is Caller ID Faker. when i try to download a call i made i notice the file name is <unknown> and thats when i get the error that i dont have enough space.

Check your as card it might be full and what could help is update your phone to eb01 d101 is a little to far back for people to help

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Ive recently flashed a different ROM to my phone and i love it but i have one problem. When i try to download anything it gives me this error message: "Could not be downloaded. Free up some space on your phone and try again." I figured this is because the phone automatically saves downloads to the phone instead of the SD. So does anyone know how i can fix this and save on to my SD again?

PS: sorry if someone already asked this, i didn't see any posts relating to this so i decided to post it. :icon_ banana:

What r u downloading? most stuff will save to the sd card unless your installing from the market....how many apps are you running?

My real problem is caller id faker. its definitely my phone or something because friends have been able to download my file if i email it to them but i still cant download the file if i email it to myself. When i go to download a phone call i made with caller id faker it says i dont have enough space on my card, but in reality i have over 11Gb left on the card.... and the file is only a few KB to begin with.... hmmmm

Also, i am on EB01 now. same problem

I have the OG Droid running LGB v1.3 and SS 5.01 and I would receive the same message when downloading from the market and I did check my phone and SD and both had plenty of room. If I just re-downloaded it then it would work fine. It is annoying as hell though.

I had this problem after flashing a new rom too. Internal memory goes to 0 and you can't download a thing. You have to unroot with flashing the stock rom then root again and flash sc or whatever rom your running. Its a pain but that's the only way I could fix it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

I had to reinstall the ROM and that fixed my problem. It has happened to me a couple of times. It is a pain, but it has to be done.

i ran into this when i restored app and data from titantium backup..i went into clockwork recovery wipped data..installed everything one by one thru the market..no problems then

Fix

Just boot into recovery and wipe your dalvik cache... should solve your problem.

Back