Dev server ota file: Use caution if rooted repost

Is there anyway to uninstall this or roll back? And slightly unrelated, how do we unroot? Do we just run the 1 click root program if we used that, or do we need to do some adb work? Just want to see if I can roll back easily in case something goes sideways.

No way to roll back. Currently there are no "do-overs" on the Droid 3. No .sbf, no alternative recovery, etc...

Remove root with the unroot one-click method posted over at XDA or just (while root), remove busybox, superuser.apk and su. Reboot.

No way to roll back. Currently there are no "do-overs" on the Droid 3. No .sbf, no alternative recovery, etc...

Remove root with the unroot one-click method posted over at XDA or just (while root), remove busybox, superuser.apk and su. Reboot.

That's what I thought. I think I'll skip this, I don't care about video chat and my battery life and speed has been much better with bloat frozen, so I'm not too worried about it.

I did not un-root to apply this update. All i did was unfreeze/move back all the apks that I froze/moved. Ran the update, and then used the 1 click root again. Everything went smooth

I sideloaded the new GTalk which kept me from being able to run this update. I did a factory reset which did no good, what I ended up doing was go into PetesMotoRootTools and restored the system/apps which thankfully took me to bone stock.

The update ran fine after that, I re-rooted charged it all night while off on a wall adapter. I used Battery Calibration to wipe battery stats, been off the charger all day medium use sitting at 40%.

My stats are:

Display 26%
Android OS 26%
Maps 9%
Phone Idle 6%
Cell Standby 5%
Wi-Fi 5%
Browser 4%
com.motorola.home 4%
Plume 3%
Android System 3%
Market 2%

This update is so worth it, the phone runs a bit faster and the battery's impressive.

Serious HELP???

After flashing the update. my D3 is in a boot loop any way i can bypass or fix to factory settings. i have tried the factory rest 3x and wipe cache 3x. still goes into a boot loop. Nedd help please. :-(

The post with the download has been taken down. Does anyone have another link or a copy they can share?

Deleted
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I think I'm going to hold off myself. The real update may be close, and I don't want to get stuck with this update. The possibility is real. Plus, with ice cream sandwich on the horizon I really don't want to be stuck here. Sounds like the update is real nice though, and believe me when I say the temptation is there…

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Back