Display Orientation

ltkjr

Reaction score
Anyone having Inc display orientation problem.

My phone does not change orientation when phone is rotated 180 degrees.

I have selected "switch orientation automatically when rotating phone" and completed "G-Sensor" calibration.

Ideas?

Update: Did a factory reset (as another poster did) and the orientation function now works as designed. Technical support never suggested a full factory reset. They just asked me to remove the battery for a few seconds. That did not fix the orientation problem. Replacement phone due today will now be returned.

Last edited:
I've noticed mine only rotates in certain apps. The home screen doesn't rotate at all.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Anyone having Inc display orientation problem.

My phone does not change orientation when phone is rotated 180 degrees.

I have selected "switch orientation automatically when rotating phone" and completed "G-Sensor" calibration.

Ideas?

Update:

Verizon replacing the phone. I was a pre-order. According to Verizon tech support my phone was delivered "dead on arrival". The orientation function was not included in the "first batch" phones.

I don't think the tech support statement that the "orientation function is not included in 1st batch" is true. After I talked to tech support I performed the "Orientation Calibration" 10-14 times. Twice I got the "Market Widget" display to rotate for about one or two rotations. Appears to me the function is there but is is not working as designed.

Also, tech support said home page is not designed to rotate.

No Inc phones in stock. Delevery of replacement phone sometime between now and 24 May.

Update 2: Replacement phone shipped 6 May but without the free 2G mini SD card. I was told to remove and keep the SD Card from the defective Inc phone.

Last edited:
Helix launcher home screen and a lot of the custom ROMs out there will allow for orientation change with the home screen.

??????????

I'm confused I pre-ordered as well. Some change some do not????

Which programs or screens should change and which should not?

Start with this. Does your browser change between landscape and portrait when you rotate your phone?

I'm confused I pre-ordered as well. Some change some do not????

Which programs or screens should change and which should not?

Mine works fine. I am waiting on a replacement for my bad speaker though.

No Inc phones in stock. Delevery of replacement phone sometime between now and 24 May.
I was told the same thing yesterday when I went to go upgrade to the Incredible.

I have it in my hand right now. It shipped out yesterday evening and got to me this morning.

I received a Verizon noticed that my replacement Inc phone ordered yesterday afternoon was shipped from Memphis late last night for a 10 May delivery. Verizon support people don't appear have access to the "in stock" data base. But I am pleased for the fast response from Verzion.

I guess I need to do the same thing whereas mines doesnt rotate most of the time.

I guess I need to do the same thing whereas mines doesnt rotate most of the time.

PHP:
Suggestion: Turn "Orientation" option on/off/on then perform calibration operation.  Select "Internet" then rotate phone several times.    
Display should rotate each time you rotate the phone.  

Good luck!

PHP:
Suggestion: Turn "Orientation" option on/off/on then perform calibration operation. Select "Internet" then rotate phone several times. 

Good luck![/QUOTE]

No Dice......still the same and when it does rotate, it seems to stick in landscape mode until I hit the home button.

PHP:
Suggestion: Turn "Orientation" option on/off/on then perform calibration operation. Select "Internet" then rotate phone several times. 

Good luck![/quote]

No Dice......still the same and when it does rotate, it seems to stick in landscape mode until I hit the home button.[/QUOTE]

Acting just like my phone.  

Is yours an early pre order phone?  If yes, call Verzion tech service. If ordered via Verizon thru a person call back to report the problem.   If you bought at a Verizon store I would go back to the store.  

Again, good luck.  I will have my replacement phone 10 May.  Will report if it works/or not.

PHP:

Good luck![/quote]

No Dice......still the same and when it does rotate, it seems to stick in landscape mode until I hit the home button.[/QUOTE]

Acting just like my phone.  

Is yours an early pre order phone?  If yes, call Verzion tech service. If ordered via Verizon thru a person call back to report the problem.   If you bought at a Verizon store I would go back to the store.  

Again, good luck.  I will have my replacement phone 10 May.  Will report if it works/or not.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I am going to do just that.

Back