Do You Live in an Android State or iPhone State?

In regard to Android vs. Apple I wonder if it could have had somethingn to do with coverage and the fact, Applie for a long time was only sold by AT&T.

I live in UT, in most areas outside of SLC, AT&T is not a real option. Where I live AT&T is EDGE and coverage is terrible. If someone wants a smart phone they need Verizon; thus Android or BB.

Same for other western states.

As for NY. I have been to NYC and it appears everyone has a BB stuck in their ear.dancedroid

I live in LA(Louisiana) and they are die hard apple fans.
Although I've converted a couple of poor souls.

As much as I hate to say it...South Carolina being claimed as a Blackberry state is pretty spot on. People are still under the impression that it's the only "professional" collection of smartphones for businesses around here, especially in areas outside of the three "major" cities of Columbia, Charleston and Greenville. (read- areas outside of Verizon's LTE coverage).

Given the surge in Android market share, I'm surprised nearly all 50 states AREN'T Android.

And I'll add...I have an IPad on AT&T and the coverage is so spotty on my normal travels the 3G service is almost useless. VZW is really the only option for business travelers (although the real power biz travelers usually have VZW and at least one other phone with Sprint or AT&T).

In regard to Android vs. Apple I wonder if it could have had somethingn to do with coverage and the fact, Applie for a long time was only sold by AT&T.

I live in UT, in most areas outside of SLC, AT&T is not a real option. Where I live AT&T is EDGE and coverage is terrible. If someone wants a smart phone they need Verizon; thus Android or BB.

Same for other western states.

As for NY. I have been to NYC and it appears everyone has a BB stuck in their ear.dancedroid

I don't know, I live in Montana (Great Falls) and just recently did AT&T come into the majority of the state (due to the Alltel deal).

The iPhone wasn't readily available here until Verizon got it.

North Dakota is only a RIM state because alltel dominated until 2 years ago. As a former alltel customer, the only good phones they had were BB'S. When alltel got sold vzw, vzw had to sell the ND services to at&t because they would have had a monopoly. Now that alltel is gone everyone is dumping their blackberrys for androids. I've Only seen like 2 iPhones and everyone I know has an android phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I am so surprised Cali is android... However I live in jersey and am happy that were an android state!!!!!

I'm in a stupid BB state (Kansas)... I hardly ever see one of those when I go out and about.

I think it is because of all of the call centers here (no accents for Kansans).

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

new york is def an iphone state. Everyone i know has an iphone 2 cousins and my cousins fiance and 2 of my other cousins want 1. Thats pretty much most of my fam haha. And most people in my school have 1

Most people in DC that aren't government affiliated have iPhones...land of the yuppies.

Sent from my iPhone.

Jersey android state! Which I believe I see a lot more Droid's then iPhone's all unrooted but at least they're Droid's right

Sent from the 3rd dimension with root and S-Off o and at 1.7ghz!

My state (Nebraska) is an Android state and I believe that. AT&T coverage is spotty at best, especially outside of Omaha and Lincoln. Alltel ruled outside those two cities until Verizon bought them, now Verizon owns the majority of the market. Most people I know with smartphones have an Android, while a handful have the iphone. Not too many have Blackberries anymore.

I live in California an Android state. The only reason New York is a stronghold for BlackBerry is because of the 3 Kardashian sisters having BlackBerrys lol

That's shows in California right? Figured California would be the one state that follows what ever the stars do. I'm in ny and havnt seen anyone with a blackberry. Seems like everyone here has an iPhone.

Back