Droid 2 Froyo 2.2 Blur apps ???

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Anyone tried the Droid 2 Froyo apps on the X yet? Since the D2 also has Blur most (if not all) of the apps are basically the same.

Just got Droid 2 ROM dump...unfortunately the D2 uses Odexed apks (wonder why the X got so lucky with DeOdexed apps) .....I have it in my ROM DeOdexer Oven at the moment.....should have some apps to try shortly. just curios if anyone else has tried any yet.

is there really any difference between the 2.1 blur and 2.2 blur?

There is a huge difference between Android 2.1 and 2.2 and I can't wait to get it on the DX. It was a step backwards in the base software going from my Droid w/2.2 (been using 2.2 on Droid for months) to the DX with 2.1....BUT...I wouldn't go back even if the DX had Android 1.6 on it ...It's a fantastic Phone out of the box!

I don't know if there is any real difference betwen Blur 2.1 vs.2.2... yet....however, I am trying some of them (that will work on 2.1) to see if there are any changes or improvements.

Will post if I see any changes...one thing I am hoping for is a revamp of the Card Dock...could they make it any uglier???? The 2.2 Froyo Car Home is so much better looking!! Unfortunately my DeOdexer wouldn't deodex the 2.2 Car Dock app so I can't even try to get it working to see if it has changed.

i know theres a difference between 2.1 and 2.2, but i was wondering about the blur apps

true. i might have to make a trip to the verizon store, but i would give up my x.

This might not belong in this thread but if your droid x is rooted and when official 2.2 froyo is released for the droid x will I be able to install it?

Yup, wrong thread, and it's been answered plenty of times if ya search. But yes, it will install the OTA for 2.2. Only issue being, that you will no longer be rooted after the OTA. You'll have to root again.

928Droid, did you happen to get the 2.2 blur apps deodexed yet, and if so can you offer a download link?

Thanks,

Brian

Back