Droid 4 battery solutions???

Li-Ion batteries are happiest when their charge is between 20% and 80%, ideally at 40%. They lose a greater amount of their life when at a high charge or a low charge. It is not reasonable to only charge the battery up to only 80%, but it is very reasonable to not allow it to discharge to below 20%. If you are still carrying a brick phone then the idea of full discharges is still valid. If your phone is less than 10 years old then read the battery university article.

Ok you got me! I suppose I mis-stated when I said I fully discharge my phone! What I meant was, I use the phone until it starts to tell me to charge it, typically 15 - 20 %. I don't think it's ever been run to 0% charge. That being cleared up, I still get diminished capacity with older batteries vs new batteries.

As for the articles I posted, they were to describe the process of charging and discharging battery (as opposed to an engine burning fuel). The SA article is a bit dated, but the principles haven't changed and the Wiki deal with all types of batteries, including Lithium Ion and Lithium Ion Polymer, which is what my Droid came with.

hrmm all very good points. I was excited to get the Droid 4, despite the lacking luster of its screen and that it would come with blur, but the non removable battery kills me. I use 4 batts for my droid 2 in heavy rotation, I usually use 2 per day and charge them at night with an external charger, I don't like ever plugging my phone in somewhere and not having it on me...

I don't know what verizon's policy is on returning a phone for a non replaceable batt, at the very least you could have an "Accident" and claim it with insurance but that would still cost you some money :(

Back