Droid Backgrounds are always too big? Anyone have a solution?

You can't change it while it's on the phone. The picture has to be natively 960 x 854 before it goes onto your phone. Our picture section has many that are the correct size. But some pictures will do the same thing on the computer as they did on your phone if you set them to a higher setting then they are already at.

I got the picture from the "Backgrounds" gallery that you can download in the market.

link me or post the original pic i'll size the damnn thing for you : )

Just to let you know that image is about a 509 x 393 image size. That's why it's blowing it up so much. I tried many pictures from the backgrounds app, but not many at all are sized correctly for our phone because the size of our background is so big.

Just to let you know that image is about a 509 x 393 image size. That's why it's blowing it up so much. I tried many pictures from the backgrounds app, but not many at all are sized correctly for our phone because the size of our background is so big.

Oh thats not the picture I was posting up, thats just an example. lol

I will try to figure something out, just weird that this phone can't size it for me.

Oh thats not the picture I was posting up, thats just an example. lol
thank god I was like "this dude has some terrible taste in wallpapers. Cant believe he's freaking out over a snowman"

If you install "picsay" you can resize the pictures on your phone. The default app just doesn't have that feature.

If you install "picsay" you can resize the pictures on your phone. The default app just doesn't have that feature.

Thank you for being patient with me, I shall try!

Not a problem at all, that's what we are here for. But i like picsay, it's a great program.

I got here, find a picture, and it says its 600x534

Please tell me what is going on.

I feel bad for people who never visit forums and have to figure out how to put a wallpaper on the droid without any help. :(

Our forum gallery is up on the top right of the pages it should say "gallery" and you can download them from there and place them on your phone. But seeing as the droid has the biggest screen of cell phone, there haven't been many backgrounds so far for apps like that.

I think something to take into account that the narrow measurement on the screen is 480p which means you've got 480 lines of resolution top to bottom and there are bars that take up some of that across the top and bottom (when holding phone in landscape mode) so you have to figure all that in too. This means that while CK has the proper outside dimensions of the photo you want to take into account that whatever your focal point you probably want it shorter than 450p or so so that it all fits when in landscape mode. I hope this makes sense but I think this is what you mean by the picture being too large. So, along with those dimensions you want your focal point of the image to be within the 450x450 portion of the center so as you turn from landscape to portrait your focal point still fits within the borders of the screen. To illustrate this point here is a really cool Droid Wallpaper that was created by someone on another forum:

androidv2.jpg

Hopefully it's alright that I posted that here. It's a good example of what I'm talking about to help visualize it better.

You have to have PicSayPro to resize the pics. Are there any FREE resizing apps?? Thanks for the info on the size! I am looking forward to trying it! I really appreciate all of the help and input from you guys to the NEWBS!

When I try to resize the picture on PicSay, if I change the Width, it automatically changes the height and vice versa. how can i change this? Thanks

How about this? Are there any known background Apps in the market that have backgrounds that will fit the droid? I keep downloading backgrounds that are the incorrect size.

Back