Droid Bionic with version 5.5.893.XT875 will not root (I think)

john_c

Reaction score
I have tried using Petes and MotorolaOneClickRoot unsuccessfully. The MotorolaOneClickRoot tells me that it was successfully rooted but I cannot run busybox or Titanium Backup and I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance and Happy New Year.

Hey you need to use a manual method, I found the solution on xda developers forum for the bionic. Ill try and find it and link you to it. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Thanks!

I will try it now and let you know. Much appreciated!

Dumb question

How do I open a terminal?

Its a command prompt and you get to it by hitting the windows key and "r" and then typing in cmd and hit enter. I was also having the problem of one click rooting not working for me since i got the .893 OTA update. This worked perfectly for me, i just got done and root is working like always. Thanks for the link!

Its a command prompt and you get to it by hitting the windows key and "r" and then typing in cmd and hit enter. I was also having the problem of one click rooting not working for me since i got the .893 OTA update. This worked perfectly for me, i just got done and root is working like always. Thanks for the link!

Ok, I didnt realize that they meant a command prompt on my computer. Thanks for clearing that up! I will try it right now.

Thanks,
John

Commands

When I type the commands I am getting the message that 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

When I type the commands I am getting the message that 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

make sure usb debugging is checked under settings>applications>development

yes

it is checked and it is on charge only as well. Do I need to be running anything else simultaneously with the command prompt?

Thanks,

Have you tried deleting the whole .zip file and starting over?

Back