Droid Bionics "unfixable flaw"?

LOL, damn you Google/Android for making me actually care about phone releases. I still remember when I couldn't give a damn about what phone I had. It just had to make calls...for emergencies lol

LOL. ain't that the truth! But, its a nice problem to have.

Yeah, I'm still OG D1.

Lol, its fun but expensive. I'm on the X just to tide me over for the dual cores coming out. I'm waiting to see if

1. We can buy a 4g dual core phone without a 4g plan (3g backwards compatible).

2. 4G prices, if it's too expensive then I'm gonna have to get a 3g device or hold onto my X for a while longer.

I admire you OG D1 so much. I tried but failed, I almost hurled my phone out the window with frustration of lagging due to not enough memory. I think my usage outgrew my phone lol. I wish Verizon would just release the 4G plan info already!

Well this story *will* make me re-think the Bionic:
Atrix 4G, XOOM Coming End of February, DROID Bionic & LTE XOOM Beginning of Summer | Android Phone Fans
I do not wish to wait until the end of June for the Bionic. Perhaps a Thunderbird *is* in my future after all.

Yep, I don't think that I can wait that long. At CES it was said that the Bionic would be available at the beginning of the 2Q, now it's being said to come at the end. That's too far off to announce something, then released 5-6 months later. I will probably get the Thunderbolt or the Iphone 4 at this point.

I am going to wait it out....

Ok so one, moto (or any company) isn't going to release a phone that overheats in idle. Two, this first talked about insider was clearly on the rag when he was babbling about how crappy the phone is. Three, this phones not going to be released with all this junk he was talking about. Lastly, why would they put so much time and technology in a "doorstop" that's gonna be expensive as @#$%?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I'm just going to buy the jitterbug that way I already know every phone is better than it and always will be. Ill have the bottom of the line phone right from the get go.

No need to stay ahead of the tech curve. Ill always be WELL behind it. Problem solved.

Droid--->ether--->this thread

The Droid may be dated but it is the most solid phone I've had. I'm still able to change roms and themes. For now, I'm sticking with my Droid.

I'm just going to buy the jitterbug that way I already know every phone is better than it and always will be. Ill have the bottom of the line phone right from the get go.

No need to stay ahead of the tech curve. Ill always be WELL behind it. Problem solved.

Droid--->ether--->this thread
HAHAHA get that thing for a couple weeks. then upgrade.. then what ever phone u get will seem even better compared to that crap

Here we go with the credibility merry go round again.
There is simply no way to prove the veracity of such statements by these sources.
Take it for what it's worth and move on...Winston and xbernaut have shown time and again that they know exactly what they are talking about.

I agree, but the problem comes into play when xbernaut told me(bkw13) that the issue is "unfixable", yet 4 days later Winston says it will be fixed very soon, possibly today. Those are both well-known insiders on hofo, that I've known to be reliable, yet the info is directly conflicting. My guess is that xbernaut was wrong, but he hasn't attempted to clarify his original statement to me.

You also have to remember that insiders tend to have strong opinions about what they don't like about their company. I could go in for days regarding Verizon, but "credible" is a highly subjective term.

Lets take for example the "leak" about the Fascinate and Continuum getting Froyo on the 10th and 18th respectively. This even included convincing photos. Inside Verizon, however, the notification we got about this MR stated specifically that it was NOT Froyo... however we were not allowed to say anything. Credible leak, says you? I'll wait till I see it myself, says I.

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum

Mortiel what constitutes credible to you since it's subjective?

Is it an accuracy %? i.e source has 99.9% accuracy or does credibility come from actually knowing the person? What constitutes credibility for you?

I think the first problem was that people actually paid attention to unsubstantiated rumors from HOWARD FORUMS

That site hasn't been exactly a plethora of knowledge since the Nokia custom blue LED days.

Not to mention this quote from engadget "First, as best we can tell, the sources are two posters in a HowardForums thread, one of which doesn't even have the information firsthand -- he was allegedly given the news "by someone who is testing the devices."

Way to take these rumors and run with it.

Overheating unfixable?
Worst case scenario (no hardware modification) - Underclock the CPU

And it looks like the quote from the other person on HoFo doesn't have enough knowledge or education to correctly use a keyboard, let alone a development phone.

Mortiel what constitutes credible to you since it's subjective?

Is it an accuracy %? i.e source has 99.9% accuracy or does credibility come from actually knowing the person? What constitutes credibility for you?

There us no such thing, if we want to get philosophical... Credibility is subjective. Subjective means its a fabrication of our conscience, and fabrication, when put into a context with credibility, is rendered a paradox, since fabrication is seen as a synonym to falsehood.

However, my own vision of credibility is what I can personally conceive through logical interpretation of sensory input. This, I should add, is also notably fallible.

Answer your question?

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum

And it looks like the quote from the other person on HoFo doesn't have enough knowledge or education to correctly use a keyboard, let alone a development phone.

If you go to Howard Forums click on his name and click view posts it should let you go back and see all his posts. Look at what he says and look at the dates and see how he's given accurate info before it was announced time after time. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but people who not only disbelieve but also insult insiders is the reason we get even less information because they don't want to be bothered with it. I know if I had inside info I wouldn't post it on a forum because of people like you. Either way, we can just agree to disagree. Technically, anything can be fixed if you break it down to its core parts. If the PMU was the problem and they replaced it with a different one then yes the phone has been fixed. However, had they just tried to change up software settings and such then it probably would not have been fixed no matter how hard they tried. I guess I just have more faith in them because of all the info that they gave on the OG Droid and the Droid X, and I saw it firsthand. Like I said though, we're all entitled to our own opinion.

just to add my two cents (which is actually worthless!) nobody will know until the device is released, so please dont give up on moto yet! remember just a few months ago when people were saying customization (roms, themes) were not going to be possible on droids? some very, very smart people were saying this! yet today i am running a custom rom oc'd to 1.35GHZ. people other than politicians, can be wrong, this is not "always" a bad thing. enjoy what you have now and the future will be bright!!!

just to add my two cents (which is actually worthless!) nobody will know until the device is released, so please dont give up on moto yet! remember just a few months ago when people were saying customization (roms, themes) were not going to be possible on droids? some very, very smart people were saying this! yet today i am running a custom rom oc'd to 1.35GHZ. people other than politicians, can be wrong, this is not "always" a bad thing. enjoy what you have now and the future will be bright!!!

I gave up on moto long before this supposed battery problem. Having a bootloader such as motos just isn't fun.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back