Droid RAZR Case Review Thread

ok, so about 3 days after getting the otterbox commuter case, i have found that making a call with it is kind of awkward because the rubber piece is on my ear and instead of getting a flat surface when making a phone, it takes a little bit of getting used to. other than that, its big, bulky and a little bit heavier. the rubber pieces that protects the usb, hdmi, and audio input kind of gets in my way, but ill get used to it. well thats my 2 cents about it.

Hmmm...it seems I can't eat cheetos or doritos before handling my phone. The white case is discoloring. Time to pull out the bleach and toothpaste.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I am currently rocking the vzw holster case with an invisible shield screen protector and absolutely love it. I had the same case for my ally and loved it before it broke(top shell part only wouldn't stay on anymore after multiple hard drops)

Im loving mine with the same combo. I had the holster case on my ally and it broke to.

I ended up going with the "SGP case" a tpu material, i really like the sleek look of it and it doesn't look bulky,also there's no interference with the screen when sliding from side to side

Link: SGP Motorola DROID RAZR Case Ultra Capsule Series [Soul Black] | eBay

I just ordered mine last night and have read some really good reviews on this tpu case. I already have the SGP Ultra Clear screen protector. I have always been pleased with SGP products. Right now I am rocking the Otterbox Commuter case. Its a nice 2 piece case but very slippery. Only thing I don't like about it is it hides the logos on the phone and the covers over the port. Other than that its a nice sleek case. I can't wait to get my SGP TPU case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I reckon I'll go with the Otterbox Defender again... I hear what y'all are saying about "hiding the sleek lines", etc., but tell you what... one unprotected week with me, and my new Razr would be anything BUT sleek or pretty. Nicked, cracked, busted and scratched would be more like it.
It worked out well for my Droid X and after a year, when I (rarely) take the DX out of its shell, it looks brand new. Nary a scratch. The corners of the Defender, however... well let's say the case has risen to the occasion of every drop and fall.

Incipio Feather is my favorite. May not protect as well as bulky covers, but it maintains the thin, streamlined look of the Razr. That's the selling point of the Razr ... why ruin it. Comes in four colors.

Incipio Motorola Droid RAZR Feather Case - Teal#

cuz i rather have a bulky razr than a broken razr.. xD

well actually i want my phone to last at least 2 years before breaking. otterbox seems to do job well.

i like the design though except the top part. to me, i just dont like the open top. i love the cut out for the sd/sim card door though.

cuz i rather have a bulky razr than a broken razr.. xD

well actually i want my phone to last at least 2 years before breaking. otterbox seems to do job well.

i like the design though except the top part. to me, i just dont like the open top. i love the cut out for the sd/sim card door though.

I agree about the cutout at the top, and also the sim door, but I really like the cutouts around the power and volume buttons, since I do have trouble locating them with my fingertip by feeling for them. The cutouts create a natural indentation for your finger that seats you directly over the button rather than missing it completely as I often do. I had the same problem with the OG and D2 and actually took some superglue and made small dots on the button tops so they stood out better (similar to braille dots).

Incipio Feather is my favorite. May not protect as well as bulky covers, but it maintains the thin, streamlined look of the Razr. That's the selling point of the Razr ... why ruin it. Comes in four colors.

Incipio Motorola Droid RAZR Feather Case - Teal#
I like the design... but after having the Feather cases break multiple times around the edges on previous devices, it's one I tend to steer clear of.
Been sporting my VZW glossy black TPU case since I first acquired my Razr, and been liking it ever since (pros: doesn't turn into a lint magnet when exiting your pocket, looks nice and sleek, maintains the Razr's form and function, easy to grip surface, adds an ample amount of protection. Cons: power button, volume rocker, are exposed... and the SD Card slot is not) dancedroid

I like my Otterbox Defender but if there was one other thing I would want added would be a cutout for the SD/Sim Card. It's not often I go into the SD Card, but when I do, I have to take the covers off to get to it. :frown:

Had my first drop the other day in the kitchen and the Ottorbox and luck saved my phone from any damage. Phone dropped from about five feet up on the counter and hit my shoe bounced in the air and then hit the floor. No damage, marks, or chips, so glad I have this case on. I am using the Commuter case by the way.

I like my Otterbox Defender but if there was one other thing I would want added would be a cutout for the SD/Sim Card. It's not often I go into the SD Card, but when I do, I have to take the covers off to get to it. :frown:
One of the main reasons why I didn't go with the Otter Box products. On other phones, oh yes!!! But with my Razr, nah.

With the gorilla glass I understood that a screen protector was not needed unless you really abuse the screen. Under normal conditions...carrying a phone in your pocket or pouch should not require a screen protector to keep from scratching.

from what I learned the hard way it does need a screen protector no matter what, I bought the razr only two weeks ago to find a small scratch on the screen probably because I keep it in my pocket with my keys.

I'm still happy with my Cimo S-line cases. I got the black and the clear. They do not collect dust like my otterbox (such a disappointment) but they do get finger prints on the glossy part. I do notice that some dust gets inside around the edges (visible with the clear case) but since it is TPU you can take the case off very easily and clean it.View attachment 46369 I put static clings in my clear one to show some school spirit too. WE ARE...

Thats what I'm sporting right now the sgp case,I love the case it has a sleek design and it's not bulky.

Back