Droid X Corporate Sync

that's odd - i have ZERO battery problems with TD on my Droid. i store lots of material in sub-folders on my Exchange email, and the stock Droid email was largely unworkable. sounds like not much has changed with the X. i probably would have downloaded TD anyway...

i agree with your assessment of the Droid. but, when i got it 7 months ago, it was da sh*t. now, once i'm chained to the phone for another year, it has suddenly become an obsolete dinosaur. i'm hearing rumors (on another thread) that certain preferred customers may be allowed to do an early upgrade to X - hope so!

Yeah, not sure what the deal was... All I know its that when I had the app running, battery life was drained faster than my bladder, and without it, battery life seemed normal.

As for the original Droid, I know many that owned it and liked it, but the weight was a common complaint, and not one of them used the sliding keyboard ever. (Which reminds me, the Swype keyboard on the X is by far the most amazing keyboard on the market.)

I thought I read somewhere that if your contract ran out sometime in 2010, you would be eligible to get the Droid X early.

the weight doesn't bother me so much. but you're right - the physical keyboard is a waste. i know people who use it and like it, but i definitely ain't one!!

right now, anyone whose contract is up in '10 can upgrade early to the X. But another thread on this forum is suggesting that VZW might make the early upgrade available to even more customers: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...d-x-early-upgrade-program-more-customers.html

Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

Just to update you all as to the status, here is what I have done so far:

-Hard Reset (factory reset) of the Droid X
-Had Exchange Admin delete all ActiveSync relationships for my mailbox.
-Set phone back up for Corporate Sync with my Exchange account (and I verified that we are in fact using 2007 SP2.)

At that point, I again was able to get emails and Contacts on the phone, but my Calendar was once again only showing a few appointments from my Exchange Calendar. (Mostly, it seemed to be reoccuring appointments such as Birthdays and Anniversaries that appeared on my phone, the rest were missing.)

Since that point, I contacted Motorola Support. They asked me similar questions and/or suggested I wipe the phone and clear the phone relationship on the Exchange server. One thing they did have me do was add a new Driod "policy" on the Exchange server that is supposed to help with this. When I hung up with them (about 20 minutes ago), they told me to reset everything now that I have a new policy and wait a few hours to see if the items show up.

I also called Verizon, but was told that 1) They don't have the proper support documentation as the Droid X is not officially out yet and 2) Based on similar phones that they do support currently, they cannot go beyond checking that the Corporate Sync settings are correct on the phone. (Basically, they are saying that they can ensure the phone is provisioned and setup properly, but they cannot do tech support on the Exchange Server side.)

I kept my Exchange Admin abreast of this all, and he is looking for solutions from Microsoft to see if this is a known issue and/or looking through the Sync logs on the Exchange server.

I will again update you if anything comes of this situation.
Such a very amazing link!

My order for the Droid X is in... Free overnight shipping through my Business account too! I would like to think that it will be in my hands Thursday, but I am guessing I missed the cutoff time. Friday morning: VICTORY IS MINE!

Your on the wrong forum, go to the DroidX forum, and while your at it why not stop by our new dell forum. lmao

come on mod's move this thread, thats what you all do the best.

Is Corporate sync paid?

Hello,

I am also new user of Droid and just wanna ask if using of Corporate Sync is free or if it is paid app. Just asking because all over the internet I just read that there is no really functional sync app between exchange and Android and this one seems to be working.

Thanks and one more apology for this question, but I need to know.

Back