Droid X Z4Root Frozen, Need Help

Redjak

Reaction score
I searched the posts and nothing is quite similar to what my problem is, so I'm going to post my own thread.

I decided today to root my Droid X Running 2.2. I downloaded the Z4Mod from this post http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/110658-how-root-droid-x-worked-me.html and put it on my SD Card. I left my DX plugged into my computer but put it into "Charge Only" mode so that I could mount my SD on the Droid. Debugging IS enabled. I ran Z4Root and chose permanent, and the screen turned to the underwater looking scene with the Z4 Mod at the top, and a loading circle in the middle. But the loading circle stopped spinning after a couple minutes and it's stuck on "Running exploit in order to obtain root access..." at the bottom. I haven't tried restarting my phone for fear something will go wrong, so I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how they fixed it.

Just exit and reboot, you're fine. Wouldn't be surprised if you are rooted w/ superuser intact when you get booted up.

Btw, make sure you have version 1.3 or later. Nothing else works.

When the Z4root first came out, I used it to root my original Droid. I had problems with the download link, so I had to use the market version of z4root. If it us still availabler, try that.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Also: I had to try a few times. Got the superuser icon, but no "root" apps worked! Finally got it working for a few weeks. Phone updated itself (!?!) and I had to re-rooted using Sprecovery method..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Alright I rebooted, and as far as I can tell I'm rooted, because I've gotten verifications for "Superuser" rights...and Titanium Backup and ROM Manager have been working for me :p Thanks guys! Sorry for freakin' out xD My Droid is new as of Christmas so naturally I'm still a little safety-conscious about it :p But I've done my research and I think rooting was the way for me to go :) Thanks again!

In case anybody is having problems getting z4 to work, I finally found a solution to my problem.

I was originally rooted, but then I removed it so I could do the firmware update. After the update z4 would just hang and not let me root my phone. Recently I rebooted into recovery (I think thats what its called) and wiped the cache partition. After doing so I ran z4 and it rooted my phone almost instantly with no problems. Hope this helps. :)

I just received a Verizon Droid X today and it will not root. I installed z4mod and it just sits at the screen and says "running exploit in order to obtain root access". I will sit there for 15 minutes, I reboot and it does the same. I cleared the cache and it is debug mode, and it still does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

i find that whenever needing to z4root......always do so after a phone reboot.
goes much quicker and usually doesn't hang.

Are you using v1.3.0?

DroidForums Junkie!!

Where did you dl'd it from? Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing it?

DroidForums Junkie!!

That did it. I downloaded from a different site and reinstalled and it worked. Thanks for the help.

No problem. Glad you got it working :)

That did it. I downloaded from a different site and reinstalled and it worked. Thanks for the help.

DroidForums Junkie!!

i find that whenever needing to z4root......always do so after a phone reboot.
goes much quicker and usually doesn't hang.

I've been running into the same problem on my Droid 2 Global. Rebooting as mentioned above worked for me.

Back