DroidX Root doesnt really unroot?

bitter

Reaction score
I'm trying to unroot this thing because there's really no need to have it right now. But the unroot tool says it's successful, but the SU icon is still on my app drawer. The phone even reboots after the supposed unroot.

Is there a way to really unroot it?

Correction, it's unrooted but the damn icon is still there. How do I get rid of it?

Actually, serious question. Once 2.2 gets out, will I still get OTA? I assume I will because I'm not using a custom ROM yet.

Supposedly the 2.2 will come even if you are rooted and unroot you automatically. As far as the super user, maybe you could root, then use root explorer to remove the superuser access, then unroot again.

Hmm...wonder if that would work

In order for it to show it in the app list under settings applcations manage hit menu filter and say all by default it only shows app downloaded and installed from market

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I had the same problem. Download an app called "Universal Androot". It runs on the phone... it roots AND unroots the X perfectly, right from the phone. No bull**** with DroidX Root and the bluetooth toggle. I've used it on my Droid, Droid X, a Droid Incredible, and a MyTouch 3g.

And yes, it removes the SU icon too!

does not work for the droid x only for Nexus One(2.2), HTC Hero(2.2),HTC Desire(2.2), Motorola Milestone(2.1), Motorola Milestone XT701(2.1)

does not work for the droid x only for Nexus One(2.2), HTC Hero(2.2),HTC Desire(2.2), Motorola Milestone(2.1), Motorola Milestone XT701(2.1)

I saw that on their website too, but Hawkxcore at his word that he had used it on the Droidx and it worked. You might want to ping the dev to confirm this.

I had the same problem. Download an app called "Universal Androot". It runs on the phone... it roots AND unroots the X perfectly, right from the phone. No bull**** with DroidX Root and the bluetooth toggle. I've used it on my Droid, Droid X, a Droid Incredible, and a MyTouch 3g.

And yes, it removes the SU icon too!

I shall try this. Thanks!

Back