Dropbox like app

Well I was assuming that the issue might have been that the phone wouldn't mount.

I'm starting to think that my phone may actually be having issues with mounting. It mounts but it doesn't want to stay mounted. I may have to remove the sd and put it in my laptop because I think it reads 16gb cards and then plug my external hard drive into my laptop... Unless of course i can get one of these wireless suggestions to work tonight.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

if you want to do it over wifi get SwiFTP off of the android marketplace. Works wonders for me. It even allows access to the phones internal memory. make sure you connect via wifi to your home network and download filezilla if you don't already have an FTP program. If you aren't sure how to use it there's plenty of documentation at Documentation - FileZilla Wiki

~MacManChomp

+1 the app works over 3G too though

I decided to go this route and it's working beautifully. Thanks for the tip!

I use samba file sharing for android. I then use a combination of Linux, samba, rsync and bash scripting to automate sync over wifi. If I put something in the right directory on my phone/server, it eventually shows up on the other. I use this to back up pics, titianium backup and other stuff. I also use it as a way to sync music and change out songs. The script I have runs all the time and will swap data whenever it can ping my phone.

It's probable that such a solution can be built on Windows as well.

I use the App "Awesome Drop". You load the app onto your phone and you access a web page. You get a temporary key to link the web page with your device. You drag and drop files onto the web page and they are loaded into a folder on you sd card named "drop".

I think I have moved entire folders this way.

Bob

Back