Dutch Court Rules Against Samsung; Blocks Galaxy S, S2 & Ace in EU; Samsung Undaunted

Just because they are desperate doesn't mean they aren't doing well. I don't think they want to let their competition get anywhere near the level of sales they are getting. But it doesn't really matter with this one since they didn't really win.

It almost seems like apple doesn't care if the lawsuits fail or about stopping the products all together, just during the Christmas rush, and more specifically Black Friday... one week of less competition, especially during the 4th quarter, would be huge for apple

yes the lawsuits suck but someone was stupid enough to award them patents for things that shouldn't have been awarded for. I mean technically Apple doesn't have to sue for it but they have every right to if they own the patents for these things. The problem lays with the system not Apple.
Of course they have the right, but it is still pretty dumb to sue for something so small. That's like them suing all manufactures that have a power button on a device, because they thought of it first. IBM could sue Apple for including a touchscreen in their phone, since they are the first to come up with it. (IBM Simon) If you wanna be specific, then LG could sue them for including a capacitive touch screen in their phone. To me it seems pretty trivial. If Apple wanted to be so original, they should've made a way for us to communicate with each other, surf the web, without using a phone at all...

Duh. It's called getting rid of your competition. Business is business.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
No, there's a difference between suing for petty reasons and getting rid of your competition. That's dumb to say. Best way to get rid of competition is to make something better than your competition. You don't see Motorola suing Samsung for using blah blah blah. That's like saying it is ok for one football team to break the legs of members on the other team's legs to get rid of the competition. That's called bad sportsmanship, and that seems to be Apple's motto.

Otherwise, it's only time before they patent something like having a lock/power button. By that point, I'll personally raid their headquarters myself.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G
We must've been on the same wavelength, because I was just thinking that.

You guys are thinking about this the wrong way. If someone is stupid enough to give someone a patent for a lock/power button than that company SHOULD sue everyone and their mother who tries to use their patent. That's just being smart. Very dumb to award the patent, very smart for getting the patent. What's the famous saying, hate the game not the player, haha

You guys are thinking about this the wrong way. If someone is stupid enough to give someone a patent for a lock/power button than that company SHOULD sue everyone and their mother who tries to use their patent. That's just being smart. Very dumb to award the patent, very smart for getting the patent. What's the famous saying, hate the game not the player, haha
No, that is still something you just don't do! Don't you think Ford said to their selves " Hey let's get a patent on gas and brake pedals so that no one else can!" but they didn't, because it is wrong and something you just don't do. Again, you don't see sports teams breaking each others bones just to get rid of the competition. It's just something you don't do. That's called bad sportsmanship and morally wrong, and that seems to be Apple's motto.

No, that is still something you just don't do! Don't you think Ford said to their selves " Hey let's get a patent on gas and brake pedals so that no one else can!" but they didn't, because it is wrong and something you just don't do. Again, you don't see sports teams breaking each others bones just to get rid of the competition. It's just something you don't do. That's called bad sportsmanship and morally wrong, and that seems to be Apple's motto.

No, that's not how it is AT ALL. The auto industry has their own set of rules, standards and patents. They are just not dumb enough to award a gas pedal patent. The tech industry on the other hand is extremely flawed in their patent system so let's say there was a gas pedal in the tech world, they would award someone the patent and everyone else would have to think of another way. You can claim it's wrong all you want but from a big business standpoint it's pretty smart. The other companies are only crying because they don't have the patents, hence Google buying Moto Mobility. This is just trying to "win" and using any legal recourse to do so. I don't like all the lawsuits but I can atleast understand where they are coming from. It's not like they are doing anything illegal (unless those doctored pictures prove true, haha). People don't like it because it's Apple and it's seen as stifling competition but it really just is as simple as Apple protecting the patents they were awarded.

This may be the dumbest thing anyone has been sued over. If you know about what apple is doing and you still buy their products...pitiful. I will not touch any other of their products. I wanted the ipod nano cause it's cool. Not anymore. pathetic losers

I really hope they remove the drop down notifications from their next generation of iretard products. And I really hope google hits back

This may be the dumbest thing anyone has been sued over. If you know about what apple is doing and you still buy their products...pitiful. I will not touch any other of their products. I wanted the ipod nano cause it's cool. Not anymore. pathetic losers

I really hope they remove the drop down notifications from their next generation of iretard products. And I really hope google hits back

And Google should and will, IF, they have the patent for it.

No, that's not how it is AT ALL. The auto industry has their own set of rules, standards and patents. They are just not dumb enough to award a gas pedal patent. The tech industry on the other hand is extremely flawed in their patent system so let's say there was a gas pedal in the tech world, they would award someone the patent and everyone else would have to think of another way. You can claim it's wrong all you want but from a big business standpoint it's pretty smart. The other companies are only crying because they don't have the patents, hence Google buying Moto Mobility. This is just trying to "win" and using any legal recourse to do so. I don't like all the lawsuits but I can atleast understand where they are coming from. It's not like they are doing anything illegal (unless those doctored pictures prove true, haha). People don't like it because it's Apple and it's seen as stifling competition but it really just is as simple as Apple protecting the patents they were awarded.

They're suing over things that affect looks not practicality and performance. It's dumb. It's like audi suing mercedes and everyone else using led lights because audi perfected it first. And now it's the look to go for. Keep up with the competition. Innovate. Don't hate.

They're suing over things that affect looks not practicality and performance. It's dumb. It's like audi suing mercedes and everyone else using led lights because audi perfected it first. And now it's the look to go for. Keep up with the competition. Innovate. Don't hate.

You are still looking at it the wrong way If Audi has an LED patent, believe me they would sue everyone who used them.

Let me use the LED thing a little more. Some guy, somewhere invented the LED light. He now owns that patent, him and only him, so when someone uses his patent he makes a pretty penny on it. But if another guys tries using his LED patent, don't you think the first guy is going to sue? Or by your guy's logic he should just sit back take the financial hit and just let the other guy make money off his design.

Actually I don't mind Apple, I like their products and I don't have a bias or one-sided opinion. The iPhone is a great device, their Macs are good, but their attitude is terrible. There are loads of companies that could of made patents for different things and sued Apple. Microsoft could've patented the idea of a computer, and sue Apple and all the other computer manufactures. Don't you think other companies have patents on things that other people use, but you don't see them suing everyone and their mother. I'm sure Apple has violated patents, but it is worthless suing a company for something so petty and trivial. It may be a dumb thing to be awarded a patent, but since Apple is so "smart" they should say to themselves "This is a pretty stupid reason to sue." and not have done it. Just another example of Apple's greed.

Actually I don't mind Apple, I like their products and I don't have a bias or one-sided opinion. The iPhone is a great device, their Macs are good, but their attitude is terrible. There are loads of companies that could of made patents for different things and sued Apple. Microsoft could've patented the idea of a computer, and sue Apple and all the other computer manufactures. Don't you think other companies have patents on things that other people use, but you don't see them suing everyone and their mother. I'm sure Apple has violated patents, but it is worthless suing a company for something so petty and trivial. It may be a dumb thing to be awarded a patent, but since Apple is so "smart" they should say to themselves "This is a pretty stupid reason to sue." and not have done it. Just another example of Apple's greed.

Don't ever become a CEO or COO of a big business.

Don't ever become a CEO or COO of a big business.

Not saying that to be a jerk or anything, I truly mean no offense by it but that's how big business' operate. The fact you feel Apple is bullying everyone shows that Samsung and HTC are doing their part as trying to play innocent victim.

Back