Error on my recovery screen

windows.................................

its fine we are here to help. all droid mod is doing is installing su/ and sprecovery for us...do not worry about all that other stuff because after droid mod boot up you are going to put the ese 81 file on the root of your sdcard and flash that, which means you gonna install it and wipe data and cache again....but before you do I want you to make sure you have at least 60% battery life.
I will be here watching this so I will help you.

do this next:

Root 2.1 by using SPRecovery

1. Download ESE81update.zip
    thanks to Pete of Bugless Beast for creating this file
  2. rename the downloaded file to update.zip
  3. mount Droid to computer
  4. copy file from computer to root of sdcard
  5. unmount card from computer
  6. hold X while rebooting until SPRecovery screen comes up
  7. wipe data factory reset
  8. install
  9. allow update.zip
  10. install /sdcard/update.zip (depreciated)
(ps if you have windows 7 rename it update)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

Ok...getting ready to do the steps above....

before you do, I want you to go into market and get a bettry widget (free one). Make sure you are at 60% battery do not want you bootlooping on me.

its fine we are here to help. all droid mod is doing is installing su/ and sprecovery for us...do not worry about all that other stuff because after droid mod boot up you are going to put the ese 81 file on the root of your sdcard and flash that, which means you gonna install it and wipe data and cache again....but before you do I want you to make sure you have at least 60% battery life.
I will be here watching this so I will help you.

BTW, I am at 60% battery right now...good to go??

good to go, lets get er done

Ok mount your droid like it says. if there is a file named update or update.zip (windows 7 will just be update) then go ahead and delete it. Put the ese 81 on the root of your sd card. Wants it on there, then rename the file update.zip (update if you are windows 7).

Ok mount your droid like it says. if there is a file named update or update.zip (windows 7 will just be update) then go ahead and delete it. Put the ese 81 on the root of your sd card. Wants it on there, then rename the file update.zip (update if you are windows 7).

My battery is at 50%, not sure why it dropped so quickly. I have the ESE moved to the root. Should I charge it a few minutes before proceeding?

you will be ok, just after you flas it, charge it for 30 mins before installing a rom

so now there's "confirm wipe of all user data? A column of No's with "yes - delete all user data" in the middle. I'm assuming that YES is the way to go?

yup..................

when you reboot you should have the standard 2.1 now with sprecovery ....and thats all u need to install roms.

yup..................

Looks like I ran into a problem - here's what it says:

--Install from SD card...
Finding update package...
Opening Update package...
Verifying update package...
E:Can't Open/sdcard/update.zip
(no such file or directory)
Installation Aborted

This happened during the initial flash - when it happened, I renamed the file update (dropped the .zip)

Did you click allow update (the option above it) the install update.zip

Back