Exchange the phone or factory reset? Battery life troubles

I don't know what your expectations for battery life are, but stock batteries on a 4g phone will be a little underparr. If you came from a 3g phone don't expect the battery to be as great. And with all this carrier IQ talk....geez. they could be draining you ad well. Unless you tell it, your phone may be trying to sync info all day while you arent using it. That will put a minor drain in it ad well

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Ill have to look at my phone, but I long since deleted that weather widgit from the home screen. New battery already down 10% from full charge in 15 minutes of use. I'm headed to best buy in a little bit to see about an exchange.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums.

Ill have to look at my phone, but I long since deleted that weather widgit from the home screen. New battery already down 10% from full charge in 15 minutes of use. I'm headed to best buy in a little bit to see about an exchange.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums.

Something has got to be wrong with your phone man. With my stock battery, I can go for 1.5 hours and get about 13 percent drain on it. either there are phantom programs or gremlins in your phone. Even though I think the battery is ok on nornal functioning phones, I still went with the extended battery. I got used to the form fitting and I rarely even check to see if I am low on battery throughout the day. I unplug it at 715pm and plug it in at 6pm. As of now I am at 69 percent. 6 hours off the charger, moderate usages and spotty connectivity in this work building. If you don't mind the feeling of the extended battery, it's a good option. Just sayin.

Something has got to be wrong with your phone man. With my stock battery, I can go for 1.5 hours and get about 13 percent drain on it. either there are phantom programs or gremlins in your phone. Even though I think the battery is ok on nornal functioning phones, I still went with the extended battery. I got used to the form fitting and I rarely even check to see if I am low on battery throughout the day. I unplug it at 715pm and plug it in at 6pm. As of now I am at 69 percent. 6 hours off the charger, moderate usages and spotty connectivity in this work building. If you don't mind the feeling of the extended battery, it's a good option. Just sayin.

Personally I love the feel of this phone as is, so I'd sooner keep a spare normal battery in my pocket or something, but ideally I'd not like it to come to that. I understand the battery life on 4G isn't going to be phenomenal, and I knew that going into this phone. My issue is that I'd like to be able to unplug my phone in the morning and not think about the charger until the evening when I get home, pending that it's used moderately (med or low screen brightness, no syncing, texts/phonecalls/emails).

If after a prolonged battery pull, and factory reset, the phone is still draining battery badly, I'll go to VZ and get a new unit. IF that has similar issues, then I guess it's just the phone, and I'll live with it if need be haha. There is way too much awesomeness in this phone to let a poor battery life ruin it for me.

Personally I love the feel of this phone as is, so I'd sooner keep a spare normal battery in my pocket or something, but ideally I'd not like it to come to that. I understand the battery life on 4G isn't going to be phenomenal, and I knew that going into this phone. My issue is that I'd like to be able to unplug my phone in the morning and not think about the charger until the evening when I get home, pending that it's used moderately (med or low screen brightness, no syncing, texts/phonecalls/emails).

If after a prolonged battery pull, and factory reset, the phone is still draining battery badly, I'll go to VZ and get a new unit. IF that has similar issues, then I guess it's just the phone, and I'll live with it if need be haha. There is way too much awesomeness in this phone to let a poor battery life ruin it for me.

I'm there with you on that one. The phone does feel great with just the stock battery. You can do like I initially did and bring a charger to work or get one of those portable charger things. Or keep a spare like you said. Which could possibly be my next option. But I dont have a huge issue with the extended battery.

Quick question for anyone willing to answer. When doing a battery pull to reset the phone because of battery issues, is it better to do this when the phone is fully charged, no charge, or does it not matter what the battery level is? I'd also like to ask the same question, but in regards to a factory reset.

I just want to make sure I do EVERYTHING possible to try and alleviate this dying battery issue before I go ask for a replacement phone.

Makes zero difference when you pull the battery. Only reason I suggest pulling it was to make absolutely sure all the circuits get discharged. Just leave it out for a minute at least.

Factory reset... makes no difference either.

I agree with Atomic. However, being extra cautious, I always do a reset with a full battery. It's not necessary, or required, but I still do it. :)

Another thing... make sure you disable Backup Assistant. I've seen some issues where it can't connect to the server and keeps trying to backup data. This will eat your battery for breakfast with the 4G constantly going.

Another thing... make sure you disable Backup Assistant. I've seen some issues where it can't connect to the server and keeps trying to backup data. This will eat your battery for breakfast with the 4G constantly going.

Not to sound completely ignorant, but how do I COMPLETELY disable back-up assistant to the point where it won't even attempt to sync? Also, I was just on the phone without locking the screen for 20 minutes, browsing the market, sending a few texts, checking a few e-mails, nothing too heavy I don't think (I did one 15 second race in Drag Racing pro), and my battery drained from 69% to 59% and my phone temp went from ~81F to 106F. Even with using the market, drag racing app, text message app, etc, my displace is still using upwards of 70% of my battery. Is this abnormal or what? Each time I feel like I'm narrowing down the problem something else seems to not make sense.

Thanks again, everyone, these forums have been really educational.

Well I figured I would post here since its the exchange battery life thread. lol

I called Verizon and the first guy I spoke with looked up the HTC s[ecs and said HTC says I should be getting at least 6 hours of use from the phone with a full battery. Me getting only 4 hours with use only half that time was completely unacceptable, especially since I disabled nearly everything I could. They forwarded me to a tech lady who tried to tell me HTC just had bad battery life and I need to deal with it, then tried to sell me an extended battery. I told her the phone was NOT normal because HTC advertised at least 6 hours and I wasn't getting anywhere even close to that, and that HTC even sent me a new battery because of it. She finally just said we'll send you a replacement phone.

So I have a replacement on the way and we shall see if it is any better. if not I may be exchanging for the Nexus, even if it is a slower processor. I shouldn't have to disable everything the phone shipped with just to get battery life over 4 hours.

Just make sure you wait to buy the nexus after you look at the forums here and on xda first. Make sure is worth it. Unless you run through mad phones like me. The rezound is my last stop for a while. Too much right with this phone to switch for just a few things

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Its easy. Just go into accounts and sync in the settings tab. uncheck the auto sync button and every thing you have should uncheck. Then you just choose the program you want to sync and click the sync button for that program. Unfortunately, if you want the other stuff to auto sync, then you have to check the box and it enables the backup assistant. :( Not very user friendly that you have to choose all or none...

I'm definitely in love with the phone, and I don't plan on switching to anything else. I've always wanted an HTC product, and coming from an OG Droid I'm absolutely blown away. I have decided to turn off all locations services unless needed, everything syncs manually, hell even my market apps need to be updated manually.

After a few days of full charging cycles the battery seems to be improving, but my only concern is the huge amount of battery that my display is using. I leave the phone in 4G all day, make phone calls, send tons of texts/pics/emails, yet screen usage is ALWAYS above 75% (I'm on the LOWEST possible brightness setting). I just want to know if anyone else is experience through the roof screen usage like this. No matter what I do on the phone, screen usage has never gone below 70%.

Back