Expert Opinion Requested: Can Bionic Headphone Noise Problem be Fixed with Software

lm2

Reaction score
My new Bionic has the headphone whining problem that has been well-documented. I am within Verizon's 14 day window to switch this phone for another. I have also seen lots of people claim that the leaked .893 firmware fixes this problem. However, many people I know who are knowledgeable about electronics are shocked--shocked--to hear the whining could be fixed with software.

So tell me, dear experts, is such a fix even POSSIBLE? If it is, then I'll stay wedded to the Bionic and hope for it to be fixed in the official .893 release. Otherwise, I might be forced to jump ship, although I'd be pretty sad about it.

Oy, that can go either way. It could be a soft problem, could be a hard problem. I'm going with hardware problem. They may have found a way to fix it though.

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!

I have the leaked update 5.7.893. I had the headphone problem before the update and now it's fixed. Definitely a software bug.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I have the leaked update 5.7.893. I had the headphone problem before the update and now it's fixed. Definitely a software bug.

+1 Running same update, definitely fixed.

Back