Extra Battery for your S3 with NFC

cybertec69 said:
My final conclusion is that these batteries are worth every penny. Now I have 4600mAh of additional power when I need it. Good thing I did not go and overpay for another OEM Samsung extra battery.

What was the website

I myself am done with extended batteries, all they do is add bulk to the phone, I like the slim and lightweight design of my S3, plus I can keep my current case and holster, for me it's a no brainer, just pop open the back remove battery and insert new one, done.

I don't like to have to carry an extra battery. I don't use a holster (not my thing), so I carry my phone in my pocket. An extra battery is bulk I don't want. At least if it's in an extended battery that's already in a phone, it's concentrated in one place rather than having a phone with a battery plus another battery in a pocket (I don't carry a bag or anything, so a pocket would be the only place for an extra battery to go). An extended battery will also be less overall bulk in a pocket than two standard batteries in a pocket. And with as thin as this phone is, a good extended battery won't make it all that thick compared to extended batteries in phones of the past. Plus, there's no need to stop, take the phone out of a case, pull off the back, and switch anything. Just take the phone off the charger in the morning, done. So for me, an extended battery is a no brainer. :p

It's all personal preference based upon what a person wants/needs.

Cybertec69, did you receive your qCell batteries? What do you think? I'm considering sending mine back but maybe I'm being a bit too paranoid.

Cybertec69, did you receive your qCell batteries? What do you think? I'm considering sending mine back but maybe I'm being a bit too paranoid.

Check out this threadhttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-s3-general-discussion/217490-extra-battery-your-s3-nfc.html in the main forum: Extra Battery for your S3 with NFC

This is a prime example of why it's against the forum rules to start multiple threads on the same topic. Information gets spread out in different places, making it difficult to keep track of what answers are being given where. A single thread is always more beneficial to the entire community. :)

Is there a way to check if NFC works with just my phone. I've had the batteries for a day and they seem to last the same or maybe slightly less than the stock one.
Since I'll probably never use NFC (other than to check if it works) these were worth it to me.
I just feel better with a charged battery on me if I'm away from home for any extended period.
I fell asleep with my phone off of the charger, the phone was at about 88 percent, I woke up 7 hours later and the battery was at 70 percent. So in my phone they are worth about 35 hours of standby time (with the thousands of various setting combinations, it is probably impossible to test batteries in different phones and duplicate results.) At $15 per battery, I'd buy them again, regardless of how the NFC works.

By the time I get my gs3, Seidio should have a 3k+mah battery to rock out with,

Caesars said:
By the time I get my gs3, Seidio should have a 3k+mah battery to rock out with,

Of course they will, and it will also make it look like a brick.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

Possibly, i had a similar battery on a previous phone, and it wasn't like a brick at all. Actually it had a nice shape to it ;). But I know what you mean, some people hate big phones (hopefully they don't buy a gs3 lol).

Googorola MAXX

The S3 battery is fantastic, the new S4 Krait chip at 28nm is very efficient in this phone, it lasts almost as long as my HTC with Extended battery does. Plus the new batteries I just got work great, so when and if I do run out of juice I just pop in a fresh one and off I go. And yes my HTC with the extended does look like a brick "it's not bad", but the S3 with it's slim design and light weight is just in another class, and I will not ruin it's look and feel for for minimal gain in battery life, it's not that difficult to pop open the back and just swap out a fresh new battery if the need arises.

Back