First time android user questions etc

SrivashRaul999

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here and was looking for a battery saver app for my old Xperia Arc S. I am not rooted and this Arc S is my first android phone (can't really afford the newer ones) so I am just learning the ropes of using it. I am on Android ver2.3.4 and Kernel 2.6.32.9-perf. I just observed that I have to charge it often daily to get it up and running. Is there a battery saver app that I can use for the Arc S..?

Along this line might I ask also for better apps other than:

Astro File Manager

ClearMaster

Media player app aside from the stock player..?

Or better yet what maybe the "needed" apps for a newbie like me..?

Second is that I seem to see that there aren't any firewall for droids that aren't rooted...I am concerned about sensitive info being passed on to sites from the permissions that I give. How do you keep safe from that..? I have AVG Pro from a promotion and it's still for a year.

-"Battery saver" apps consume more battery than they save.

-Antivirus software also needlessly consumes battery life.

-To protect from permissions giving access to sensitive info apply these principles in order:

1) Don't install anything you're unsure of.

2) Be wary of anything that gives access to your internet connection. They need this access to send your information.

3) Use common sense. Ex: "No, this calculator app probably doesn't need access to my contacts and my internet connection..."

-"Battery saver" apps consume more battery than they save.

-Antivirus software also needlessly consumes battery life.

-To protect from permissions giving access to sensitive info apply these principles in order:

1) Don't install anything you're unsure of.

2) Be wary of anything that gives access to your internet connection. They need this access to send your information.

3) Use common sense. Ex: "No, this calculator app probably doesn't need access to my contacts and my internet connection..."

Thanks for the reply.

Is there anything that you can advice about getting the most out of my battery..? Mine is a BA750 Lithium Ion which came with the Arc S.

I am not always online with this phone so I turn on GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth. Data traffic disabled also. I usually download the apk files at the office and then install them when I get home.

About permissions can I block those permissions that are not needed by the app whose asking it?

Hello everyone!
I have several questions:
The model of my phone is HTC, i like it totally, but when i download the app for android from the site People search - White pages - Background check - Find people for using it, there is always a mistake: fault, why can it be?
The second question, do you know what way can I print screen on my mobile?

Thanks in advance

Hello everyone!
I have several questions:
The model of my phone is HTC, i like it totally, but when i download the app for android from the site People search - White pages - Background check - Find people for using it, there is always a mistake: fault, why can it be?
The second question, do you know what way can I print screen on my mobile?

Thanks in advance

Try this one,

AndroidSPIN | How to take screenshots on your HTC AMAZE 4G -- No root Necessary!

Regards :)

Back