Flash failed and now I own a brick

JWagner

Reaction score
Here's the background, Phone was stock, used the directions at Droidbionicroot.com to root so I could run a hotspot. Every thing was fine. Out comes the ICS and I keep getting the annoying update message so I attempt to flash it back to stock using RSDlite so I can install ICS. The flash fails. Now the phone will only enter fastboot when on a wall charger which no longer seems to actually charge the phone. Plugging into my pc results in a blank screen on the phone and the message light glowing white. It is not even recognized by the PC anymore even though the drivers are just fine. Anythoughts? Fortunately I backed up everything prior to this using Titanium and Safe strap. At this point I'm even willing to do a factory reset.

Thanks in advance.
JW

First you need to get your battery charged. Nothing will flash otherwise. Either get a spare from vzw or borrow one. Once you're fully charged, you can use rsd lite to fxz to 246 directly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Charged and even making a point of using a Moto cable. Still no success on the flashing though.

Ok more info please. Are you using rsd lite with latest drivers installed? Does it recognize the phone? Does it start, does it error out somewhere? If error what's the error message?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Back