Force GPU Rendering

movieman999

Reaction score
Could you guys supply me with a detailed description of what this option actually does? Does it adversely affect anything? The thing I've noticed with it enabled is smoother scrolling in certain apps; Netflix being the prime example. Any reason not to enable it?

Thanks, guys!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I saw this option the first day I got my phone and thought, meh. I'll do some research. Glad I found this. Everything runs So much smoother than it did before.

Amazing.

I saw this option the first day I got my phone and thought, meh. I'll do some research. Glad I found this. Everything runs So much smoother than it did before.

Amazing.

hmmm just enabled it. did you notice any battery difference?

Last edited:
Nope. I didn't touch it. It was not enabled when I saw it So I left it alone until I figured out what exactly it did. I enabled it when I saw this and realized my whole phone just ran smoother. Apps and games. Excellent

Nope. I didn't touch it. It was not enabled when I saw it So I left it alone until I figured out what exactly it did. I enabled it when I saw this and realized my whole phone just ran smoother. Apps and games. Excellent

cool. i'll leave it on like you do. at least until it causes any probs lol

Didn't realize this was an option. I turned it on and didn't notice any changes (does it require a restart?), no crashes either.

I didn't have to reboot. Just saw things run smoother. Transitions and games. The only thing I saw that someone else mentioned was fruit ninja bugged out when I tried to exit.

I didn't have to reboot. Just saw things run smoother. Transitions and games. The only thing I saw that someone else mentioned was fruit ninja bugged out when I tried to exit.

notice any battery life difference with it on?

My phone was actually almost dead when I saw this thread. I'm charging now and will report when I get a full battery.

Maybe it's my imagination, but the scrolling is noticeably smoother in the stock text message app.

Maybe it's my imagination, but the scrolling is noticeably smoother in the stock text message app.
Yup, that's the point of gpu rendering, smooths everything out:)

Back