FoxFi Tethering Issue on ICS Rezound

Xander Crews

Reaction score
So I was looking forward to teh ICS update for my Rezound, which I finally got on Friday, so now I wanted to get Foxfi Wifi to work.
I installed it and activated it just fine. Judging by the phone interface, everything looked like it was supposed to and it was apparently set up as a hotspot.

But nothing can connect to it. I have a MacBook Pro and an iPad that won't connect (I thought Apple products "just worked"?? LOL!!)

Anyway, the laptop and the iPad detect the Wifi network on the Rezound and attempt to connect, but can't. It just times out on both.

Thoughts?
Anyone else get FoxFi Wifi to work on an ICS Rezound?

Had the same problem on ics. Both on .10 and .12. Since the courts ruled against Verizon charging for WiFi apps last week, I figured they would be flooding us by now.

Last edited:
The free WiFi teather app works well, but requires root. in the settings, specify your phone as galaxy nexus LTE, and check the routing fix.

I use foxfi in bluetooth mode but was looking forward to using the wifi option with ICS. My tablet connects to the rezound but the tablet says obtaining ip address forever.

It works fine for me. I had data& 4g issues before the update. No issues at all since the update.

Had a friend in town yesterday & he has the nexus tablet. He was showing me how to do all this, so he connected his tablet to my phone. I don't use WiFi that much myself, but everything worked fine. He is much more tech savy than iam, but he ran it through the paces with no issues.

He turned on the foxfi app. on my phone & had his tablet connect. He didn't do anything special, I just called him & asked.

No joy: Foxfi connecting Rezound to Kindle Fire

I had the same hopes/disappointment trying to get Foxfi to connect to my wife's Fire. All looked good but it was unable to resolve an IP address. error showed up on Fire

Might be time for root now.

I give up and turned on VZW tether until this can be worked out. Works great. Cost money$%&#

i cannot get the wifi on foxfi to work on my Rezound/N7, but the Bluetooth works fine. a bit slow, but bearable. I wouldn't use it for streaming movies, but rather when I go on vacation, to at least get info online and such.

I sent an email to Foxfi the other day, Ill post on here if they respond. Ive been using it in bluetooth mode for months, but would prefer wifi.

just called Verizon and asked about the FCC ruling mentioned above. They said they will still charge thirty dollars but can no longer block third party apps from allowing WiFi usage. Pretty interesting. Has anyone found a WiFi app with good speed?

Back