Frm down there hosting company fell to the hammer of motto link inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I grabbed a Thunderbolt when it was released! I still have my D2G and was hoping to still ROM it when new stuff came out, but it doesn't seem to be likely I guess.

Good luck if you do continue to develop roms though.

Removed : Bc i have no life

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to rain on everyone's parade in here but you can't use a company's images for financial gain. It just won't happen.

A friend of mine was blinging out women's beauty products (compacts, mirrors, lipsticks etc) on Etsy and used Chanels CC on ONE of her products.

Chanel contacted Etsy and made them take it off her page. You can't expect to use their images and name of their product in your URL with PayPal links and expect for them to not shut you down. Youre actually lucky you got away with it for as long as you did.

You were stealing their images and making money. I like you Wozzy but you were in the wrong.

Droid--->ether--->this thread

Yap,that's a T.O.S... and may be that's the reason why!! :/
But..oh well...

Last edited:
I hate to rain on everyone's parade in here but you can't use a company's images for financial gain. It just won't happen.

A friend of mine was blinging out women's beauty products (compacts, mirrors, lipsticks etc) on Etsy and used Chanels CC on ONE of her products.

Chanel contacted Etsy and made them take it off her page. You can't expect to use their images and name of their product in your URL with PayPal links and expect for them to not shut you down. Youre actually lucky you got away with it for as long as you did.

You were stealing their images and making money. I like you Wozzy but you were in the wrong.

You are right of course, they had every right to have it taken down. But your post raises an interesting question, why hasn't Motorola gone after DF? Droid is in the name of the site, and there's a picture of one in the banner at the top of the site...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Well Im dying to try the rom out, wouldnt it be ok to just get rid of all copyright images/names etc then we'd be back to being able to download (from somewhere) and try it?
What am I missing?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

I am rebuilding the the site Now & will be up in the next day or 2 ...

I know I am not supposed to use copyrighted pics/Names I had it coming but just pisses me off But You have to think before you do

Any way we could get the rom via email till everything is up and running again.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL in PRISONED

I'd rather wait for it to be distributable through the site at least...idk. still going to download...Im sick of fissions lack of updates, stock is a pain in the ass just to debloat and basically have fission, I want something new.

As someone already pointed out. This site would fall into exactly the same boat as the Get-R-Done website. Banner ad's drawing revenue with Motorola droid pictures, symbols and names everywhere. How is this site different from GRD?

I know I am not supposed to use copyrighted pics/Names I had it coming but just pisses me off But You have to think before you do

I'd recommend going with something Google style. Very simple, white background, GRD logo and text. If that works and doesn't get shutdown, then move on from there.

I'd recommend going with something Google style. Very simple, white background, GRD logo and text. If that works and doesn't get shutdown, then move on from there.

Id agree with this not just because its the easiest and safest route, but because I like the simple "google" look :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back