From Liberty 2.0.1, Stock, Apex, CM7, etc. (ANY ROM) to Liberty GB

Update

I am about to install the new .602 update. I will let you guys know if I can get into stock recovery after I SBF.

Edit: Just for fun I tried to enter stock recovery before starting the process. It worked just as it should (see post above for instructions).

I went through the whole process last night. I am now running the stock .602 rooted. I have not installed LGB (v0.9) over the top just yet. Still hoping LGB is updated in the next few days to use the new .602 as it's base. It just occured to me I have never acutally ran the stock GB build. I was on LGB before it was released and have been since GB was officially released for the DX. I guess I'm going to give it a few days and see what's up.

I was able to get into stock recovery while on Froyo and GB. I rebooted and entered stock recovery just before posting this to make sure I could still get there after updating to .602. Everything works as it is supposed to.

Just double checking here. I got my DX in Nov 10 and it is still stock. I just loaded update today. I have 2.3.3 and base 13p. I have never rooted this phone. The instructions on post #1 will root me?

I have been wanting to root for a while but just haven't. I have to admit I don't know a lot about this except what I have read on forums. I am an application developer and feel comfortable enough to do though. Thanks for the time and help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Yes, the instructions posted will get you rooted. If you want to stick with stock GB (although I highly recommend Liberty GB) you can skip the LGB 0.x install at the end. Otherwise the post is everything you need to get you to a .602 build with or without Liberty GB on top. :)

Correct me if I am wrong.
Doesn't RSD Lite use the phones Stock Recovery while SBF'ing?
I thought I read somewhere that RSD Lite will use the phones Stock Recovery during SBF process.
Can a phone even loose Stock Recovery? Seems odd to me.

Kasey, I know you had the same issue as I do. Did you have any issues with SBF'ing to 2.3.340 using RSD Lite even though you couldn't get into Stock Recovery prior to SBF'ing?
Were you able to get into Stock Recovery after getting back on 2.3.340?
I am concerned with step #2 under --- Either method --- in your OP.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Rsd lite uses the phones bootloader to flash the sbf file. If you can access the bootloader(as long as it's not corrupt), you can sbf.
Once you sbf to froyo, you should have no problem getting into stock recovery (power and home on froyo).

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

Rsd lite uses the phones bootloader to flash the sbf file. If you can access the bootloader(as long as it's not corrupt), you can sbf.
Once you sbf to froyo, you should have no problem getting into stock recovery (power and home on froyo).

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

Thanks for clearing that up lpoda. I can get to the Boot Loader, just not Stock Recovery.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Doesn't RSD Lite use the phones Stock Recovery while SBF'ing?
I thought I read somewhere that RSD Lite will use the phones Stock Recovery during SBF process.
Can a phone even loose Stock Recovery? Seems odd to me.

Kasey, I know you had the same issue as I do. Did you have any issues with SBF'ing to 2.3.340 using RSD Lite even though you couldn't get into Stock Recovery prior to SBF'ing?
Were you able to get into Stock Recovery after getting back on 2.3.340?
I am concerned with step #2 under --- Either method --- in your OP.

Thanks for your help and patience.

No, I haven't been able to get back to stock recovery, but since I don't need to do a data wipe anymore, it doesn't matter. I was* able to get into stock recovery after I SBF'd back to .340, but once on .602 I can't get into recovery.

This is why I love people like you guys who create instructions for people like me (I'm advanced but not expert), so I can have root back. Thank god for you all.

Currently uploading Part I of II. I'm now a happy camper, and this has made my day better. :)

So how how do you get from. 596 to. 602? Ive seen the method for not sbfing but is there a download that adds on to the tbh files or a new one? Im getting those pesky install alerts for. 602 and i dont want to lose my root.

You need to basically follow the directions in the OP. Just install the two part .602 instead of the .596. Yes the correct way to update to .602 and still keep root involves sbf'ing to froyo then installing .602. Don't try to make sense of it, just do it. Takes about 30 minutes, then you are current and still rooted, ftw.

Edit: Just re-read your post. I think tbh does have an all in one, but you need to purchase their app.

I'm kinda new to this all, but I was wondering if my Droid X has to be rooted before doing this whole process? As of right now my Droid X is NOT rooted and is running 2.3.3 and the software version is 4.5.602.

I'm kinda new to this all, but I was wondering if my Droid X has to be rooted before doing this whole process? As of right now my Droid X is NOT rooted and is running 2.3.3 and the software version is 4.5.602.

No you do not have to be rooted to sbf. If you follow the instructions exactly, you will sbf to froyo then install z4, which will root your phone for you, then you will install the pre-rooted GB build.just follow the directions and you will be good.

Im having problems downloading part 1 zip, from all three mirrors. Im geting all unsuccesful downloads. Part 2 didnt have a problem. Any ideas or other places to download?

Back