Galaxy Nexus Review - 15 weeks later

The Nexus is very easy to root. :) Just be sure to read over the guide 2-3times or as much as you need, then go through and follow them. After, you'll be able to create nandroids so it's basically impossible to mess your phone up cause you can just go back and restore to a past date.

This has the official Android 4.0.4 so you have the update, and trust me, battery should improve quite a bit.

The Nexus is very easy to root. :) Just be sure to read over the guide 2-3times or as much as you need, then go through and follow them. After, you'll be able to create nandroids so it's basically impossible to mess your phone up cause you can just go back and restore to a past date.

This has the official Android 4.0.4 so you have the update, and trust me, battery should improve quite a bit.

Do you have a link to how you rooted, I have seen several ways on the forum.

I rooted my D1 just before release day for the Nexus, so I am somewhat familiar, just always nervous.

For me it's not the rooting...it's the putting roms and creating back ups and the rest of that good stuff.

For me it's not the rooting...it's the putting roms and creating back ups and the rest of that good stuff.

That's why you have us to help :)

The first time is definitely scary and nerve racking, but once you do it a couple times you'll laugh at how easy it is.

Yep Sbenson's and Droid-Life's unlocking/rooting instructions are both awesome guides to follow.

I would've rooted months ago for the new radios and the microphone cutting out issue on the 4.0.2 radios (flashing new radios completely fixed this issue for me). I would certainly recommend it. I don't quite feel comfortable recommending this phone to non-rooters until the new update comes out. I haven't had any issues other than the microphone one that lasted for a week until I rooted my phone :biggrin:

I'm gonna see what the update does and if that doesn't help with battery and other issues then I'm definitely going to root also

Bah... tried AOKP for a while in a ROM Manager partition... ended up not going back anymore to the Phone ROM stock 4.0.4 update leak... so I blew out the Phone ROM and installed AOKP... phone runs better then ever! No use waiting around anymore for OTA update! :biggrin:

Welcome to the AOKP world! Glad ya like it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Yup, AOKP is amazing. I'm running #31 with Franco #135 and I'm just blown away every day. My phone is literally flawless. I'll remember this combo and always keep this ROM/kernel combo saved if I ever want to flash back to something that always works without a hitch.

Regarding rooting, my guide should be fine. It's kind of a stripped down lazy version but it works as long as you have the drivers correct. I've actually been encouraging people to do the full ADB version from Droid Life. Starting here. I think it's important to have some understanding of how this works. If you don't care to learn, I would skip my method and ADB altogether and go with Wug's kit. It's amazing and will make rooting a cake-walk for you.

Good choice my friend. After a few days on the stock Faux kernel you should try out Franco kernel in my sig. It's great.

I went ahead and purchased the Franco app and went with 3.0.8-Milestone-2. Curious to see how the phone performs now.

Back