Gb .608 updates won't install

It looks like Cardock.apk is on the SD card. How do I move to system/app? What program can I use to do this? Don't seem to see the root directory in windows explorer.
Did you move it there yourself, or is it some other Car Dock app? The update checks the apk files' checksums, so even using the version from a previous (or newer) firmware revision won't work.

OK, got it there with Root Explorer. Off to try the update again. Actually found Root Explorer on my own before I read all these posts. I am starting to act like I know what I am doing. :)

I found the original cardock.apk, but when I went to install it, it sends it to the sd card, probably because that is where the download was moved to. Could not see the root directory until Root Explorer came my way.

No such luck. Still fails with same message. Trying to load the .607 standalone update and also the .608 update. Going to give up soon. Same message as above.

Don't give up yet. I had the same issue.

If you were rooted/running a rom and installed CWM recovery go into your root explorer and delete hijack and logwrapper and rename logwrapper.bin to logwrapper.

Then .sbf back to STOCK .29 (if you .sbf back to .29 , OTA to .330 after) or .330.

After it breboots, remove root and any root related apps and update to GB.

Worked perfectly for me so I hope this helps.

EDIT: if you .sbf'd root shouldn't be on your phone anymore. Sorry for the brain fart.

Just saw your edit! I also think if you SBF you don't need to worry about removing the bootstrapper as that all gets overwritten. Can't hurt though I suppose.

You're absolutely right, I just do it as a precautionary measure.

great now i cant sbf. something to do with chipset 53? ive done it before but i just did a factory reset on my laptop as well soooooo... any suggestions guys?

i have done the motodrivers. i have rsd lite 5.0. help me out here haha

Edit: as of now my device no longer even shows up in rsd lite in any way shape or form.... ive tried the bootloader.. i got no joy.. i might have to consult verizon and tell them my problem.. i really dont feel like setting up ANOTHER phone tho.

Not to hijack this thread but I was hoping to get some guidance with my upgrade problem:

All my attempts to update from .607 to .608 have failed thus far. I tried the OTA as well as by copying the offline version (update.zip) I found at the rootzwiki forum. Initially, I had my phone rooted and bloatware frozen. In the meantime I have tried all combinations of unrooting and unfreezing to no avail.

When I boot the recovery utility I am getting this error message:

Android system recovery utility (3e)

apply update from sdcard

Verifying current system
assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/app/LAWMO.apk" [long hex code]
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7)
Installation aborted

Any idea what I would need to do to get the update installed?

Thanks!

That's apparently the Lock&Wipe Management Object, is it in /system/app on your phone?
If you didn't do a nandroid backup immediately after rooting, you will either need a good version of that apk (and there may still be other issues) or you need to SBF back to Froyo and then update.

That's apparently the Lock&Wipe Management Object, is it in /system/app on your phone?
If you didn't do a nandroid backup immediately after rooting, you will either need a good version of that apk (and there may still be other issues) or you need to SBF back to Froyo and then update.

Thanks for your reply.

I could not find "LAWMO.apk" under /system/app. I do think I ever deleted it.

I looked in an .zip update to 4_5_607 I found in the forums and found under /system/app all the files that I also have in my phone's /system/app folder. Funny thing is that in this .zip file file I could not find the LAWMO.apk or the corresponding LAWMo_Odex either.

..and no, I do not have a nandroid backup (back then, I did not even know what it is, let alone how to make one .. and still do not know how.)

Any other ideas/pointers?

problem solved..... i guess my phone didnt like the usb on my laptop switched to high speed usb on my desktop. SBfed and running GB .608

1.So guys just so i can root etc. is there a easy way or any way at all for bypassing the wifi tether thing verizon has set up?
2. Recommendations on roms?? haha
3. Should i get the droid razr when i can upgrade?

So here's something weird.

The OTA automatically was downloading on my way to work. While i was about 15 min away it was on 61% downloaded.
When I got here, still at 61%.
Let it sit a few minutes, still 61%.
Hooked into the wifi here and waited about 10 min and it was still at 61%.

Sooooo I said eff it and rebooted my phone.
When I turned it back on I went to get the OTA again it said I was already downloading my update.... but nothing was downloading!
So I downloaded the full 104 mb update.zip and installed it.
Everything is great except System Update still says there is an update being downloaded.

How can I get that to stop? I'm worried when there is an update down the road I will not be able to get it because it thinks it's downloading already or something.
I have a feeling I'll need to revert to stock and reinstall GB... which is not a big deal just a huge PITA.

I still fail because cardock.apk that is in system/app is not there, but it is. Error message has two long hex numbers. Assume that is some sort of checksum that does not match or something. How can I get the correct cardock.apk to put in system/app?

Back