gingerbread leak worth it?

No there is a difference. If u use mader then try to update to gb you will get a bootloader error. Use tbh zip, wipe data 3 or four times after install before leaving cw. Then reboot. I skip sign in and go right to file manager. Install z4, reboot, install dx bootstrapper, reboot to recovery, restore back up. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Wipe data 3 times after installing the tbh zip? Wouldn't that wipe what I had just installed? Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure I get this right.

No. It simply wipes data and user info. Doesn't touch os or anything. Its important cuz otherwise when it boots after u have applied the tbh zip, it has to be free of any prior rom data.

No. It simply wipes data and user info. Doesn't touch os or anything. Its important cuz otherwise when it boots after u have applied the tbh zip, it has to be free of any prior rom data.

Ok cool. Got the tbh app and downloading the full 2.3.340 sbf file in .zip format. That thing is going to take forever to download but it will be worth it to not have to sbf. Thanks for all the help again.

No worries. It will be a good move. In the meantime make sure u have dx bootstrap and z4 on your sdcard. Otherwise u will have to sign in on reboot and dl dx boot from market.

No there is a difference. If u use mader then try to update to gb you will get a bootloader error. Use tbh zip, wipe data 3 or four times after install before leaving cw. Then reboot. I skip sign in and go right to file manager. Install z4, reboot, install dx bootstrapper, reboot to recovery, restore back up. :)

Well damn, if I woulda known this, I probably wouldnt have had to sbf back to stock after trying to install GB straight from Apex.

Is this tip working for everyone that was on a ROM too?

Yeah. This is exactly like an sbf but in zip format. It saves you so long as u can get to cw. This is a back to out of box zip as long as u wipe data prior to reboot.

JUST DO NOT TRY ANYTHING ELSE IN CW EXCEPT THE WIPE! If u try to apply sbf zip then restore a backup without reboot first it's sbf time for u. U have to wipe data, reboot, reroot after zip install.

Sweet jesus thank you! I feel retarded now. I hasn't even realized that usb debugging was activated since there was no icon showing. Usually there is. Now I have absolutely no issues with gingerbread. Other than that blue haze I get when scrolling to the end of an application or page. You are my hero!

Lol. You're welcome. I'm no hero. :)
Make sure to thank or donate to tbh. :)
How's everyone else?

Has anyone else noticed that the hard keys seem much brighter on gb? Or is it just me thinking that they are?

My X loves Gingerbread.

They did on mine too. And the lowest auto bright was a lot lower.

Found out that u can download adjbrightness from the market and turn off hard key buttons so they arent draining battery :)

Thanks for the tip on the app. It works great. No more squinting when the buttons are lit.

My X loves Gingerbread.

Back