Glad i have a rooted phone and was a success...

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
well after not getting sleep :icon_eek: for 48 hours reading and reading and spent long hours on my DX, i finally got my lil boy rooted thanks to Abe21599 and chkmate. cause if it was not for them i would have bricked my phone. i am glad for the forums being very helpful. now i still have much to learn as far as ROMS and THEMES and other key things, being that i dont have one and i dont know which ones are good and which ones are not. i have the ROM manager but dont know which is good not to mention if i added the theme without having a ROM can i install a ROM or do i have to install the ROM first. once again thank for the help and hope to hear some good inputs...

glad to help :) before using rom manager, id look around at the different ROMs on here to figure out exactly how to apply them. most require steps outside of what RM will do for you so you have to read on here first.

Droid X ROMs
heres another section over on DroidXForums for Roms. theres a sticky that lists all the current ones..

let me know if u need anything else :wink:

I agree with Abe. And I can't say this enough, read read read:)

But your welcome and hit me up any time you need something. If I don't have the answer, I will PM Abe. After I get what I need from him I will take all the credit. J/K:)

lol @ chkmate, yeah thats all i been doing cause so far i think im getting the hang of it. also i can afford to mess up lol, so i read read read, but was looking into the rom you have chkmate the rubik which is in the rom manager but im just reading about it, trying to see what roms have what and which have bugs and which ones dont. but like everything in life nothing is perfect and is always going to have some sort of bug.

Well, a ROM is up to you. Like I posted earlier, there isn't much that you can't do yourself to get extra performance out of your phone.

The more and more I read on the newer ROM's out there, the more I notice problems. The ROM I have has now had 4 new versions since. But I'm keeping mine cause the only problem I have is random quick boots when I unlock the slider from time to time. And I had that when I was running just the 928 Black Glass Theme. And it just looks like headaches to me as far as new ones go.

I'm an artist. So mostly I'm just going for looks. If your looking for a little extra tools to select from that some ROM's provide, well, shoot for the stars:)

Well, a ROM is up to you. Like I posted earlier, there isn't much that you can't do yourself to get extra performance out of your phone.

The more and more I read on the newer ROM's out there, the more I notice problems. The ROM I have has now had 4 new versions since. But I'm keeping mine cause the only problem I have is random quick boots when I unlock the slider from time to time. And I had that when I was running just the 928 Black Glass Theme. And it just looks like headaches to me as far as new ones go.

I'm an artist. So mostly I'm just going for looks. If your looking for a little extra tools to select from that some ROM's provide, well, shoot for the stars:)

That is the only bgx bug i can think of. I'd say mine does that reset once a week our so. Hit the slider, reset instead. I just consider it a rebooti would have done anyways. Lol.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

yeah i dont think im looking for more things to get cornfused i just want a decent rom so i was thinking about the one you have, i already have the DX overclock and thats pretty much the performance i need for now like u i my self like looks also...i just want a good rom for that is compatible with my theme, theres many out there just dont know...i know theres new roms but i rather skip the trouble of having them i rather stick to one thats old and has been out for a while

Yea 928's Theme isn't compatible with any new ROM's, as far as made for them. They may work, but probably not well. He quit working on it, was too much work. He had to keep up with ROM's and updated widgets like Facebook and such. Think he just threw in the towel for a few. Hadn't seen anything from him in this forum for a while.

He did help BBCrackman over at MDW on his new ROM/Theme. Looks beautiful, but still not as complete as the one we are using. Keyboard is still default look. I like the black.

And let me know if you have slider issues as far as restarts go. Curious to see how many people have issues, like 5barrons stated.

Last edited:
well its funny you say that about having issues cause the only issue i ran into with it was that it force closed on me i dont remember what i was doing but i know it was not the slider. as far as having reboot so far so good thank God and knock on wood, have had no issues with that. but yeah thats the only issue i can think of as of right now.

ok so i been messing around and for some reason twitter wont log in, when it asks me if i want to sync i said no and clicked done and it return me to sign in.

If you don't want it themed with Black Glass you can use Root Explorer and rename the twitter.apk to twitter.bak. Then just get the one from Market and try that. That's what some people did for the Facebook update. Rename the original, restart phone and download Market version.

Back