GNEX & reception problems, who's taking there phone back?

I exchanged mine for a rezound. You won't regret it . It's supposed to get ice cream sandwich in early 2012. The signal is great and it can do voice and data on 3g! And it has Facebook in the phone. Which I doubt the galaxy will ever get. The factory battery in The rezound is real good also. By the way, the camera on the nexus is fast but the rezound camera is way cleaner and crisp.

i had one bar on my signal indicator in my house.. was on a call for about 45 min, no drop call.. and can get 10mbps down.. whats the problem with only having 1 or 2 bars? i had no bars and was able to browse the web.. there has been one time where i was trying to google something and had trouble.. im coming from a Tbolt.. one time since the launch is not that big of a deal.. the whole signal indicator thing is blown out of proportion.

Actually its not especially if you are one constantly seeing you internet drop. This is not my first 4g device so I know the strong areas and weak areas and where I am at I am in a very strong signal area. With that said I am trying to stick it out because I know other devices on release had similar issues and it was resolved with some updates. But right now its tough and I understand the frustration.

Awful in what way? The ones I've played were super fast. The only lag was when I installed a live wall paper.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Truthfully, a modern phone as powerful as the Rezound shouldn't lag when a live wallpaper is going. From what I gather, the problem is SenseUI though, and not the phone's hardware.

I exchanged mine for a rezound. You won't regret it . It's supposed to get ice cream sandwich in early 2012. The signal is great and it can do voice and data on 3g! And it has Facebook in the phone. Which I doubt the galaxy will ever get. The factory battery in The rezound is real good also. By the way, the camera on the nexus is fast but the rezound camera is way cleaner and crisp.

If you have no interest in rooting or romming then I'm sure the Rezound is a fine choice. Only temp root and a currently looked boot loader is not what I'm looking for. No phone is perfect. My priorities make the Nexus a more fitting choice. Others without my same priorities, may find the Rezound to be better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I passed on the rezound for a reason :). I love the nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I passed on the rezound for a reason :). I love the nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

So do I; and I think our reception issue is fixable with some software tweaks. There is a large enough group of users having issues to rule out it being a fluke. If its hardware then there is a large batch that may be effected. Not sure what it is but I am gonna keep passing along my info and I believe if every one having issues send their data to vzw the chance of a true fix is more likely to happen. Because what is the point of a blazing fast lte device if its being crippled by inconsistent data. The fact at one point I saw my gnexus actually it -92 had me thinking "ok maybe it may be something software" but who knows right now.

So do I; and I think our reception issue is fixable with some software tweaks. There is a large enough group of users having issues to rule out it being a fluke. If its hardware then there is a large batch that may be effected. Not sure what it is but I am gonna keep passing along my info and I believe if every one having issues send their data to vzw the chance of a true fix is more likely to happen. Because what is the point of a blazing fast lte device if its being crippled by inconsistent data. The fact at one point I saw my gnexus actually it -92 had me thinking "ok maybe it may be something software" but who knows right now.

What about the speaker volume do you think that is fixable with software updates as well?

That's really the only thing keeping me from getting one.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

What about the speaker volume do you think that is fixable with software updates as well?

That's really the only thing keeping me from getting one.

Since you can use volume+ to increase the speaker loudness, it's most definitely a software issue.

Since you can use volume+ to increase the speaker loudness, it's most definitely a software issue.

Does volume + do anything? I've tried it on my X2 and at the highest settings I don't hear any difference.

Does volume + do anything? I've tried it on my X2 and at the highest settings I don't hear any difference.

Yes, with +2 I nearly reach my OG's speaker volume on my Nexus.

Truthfully, a modern phone as powerful as the Rezound shouldn't lag when a live wallpaper is going. From what I gather, the problem is SenseUI though, and not the phone's hardware.

Oh, live paper! Forget that. The Nexus lags with a live wallpaper. Who needs 'em. BTW I can show you a cool trick with my Nexus. With WiFi off I can take 10% of the battery off in ten minutes just by using the browser. No that's not true. Eight minutes. I timed it last night. I wish people who comments on lag mentions whether or not they are using live wallpaper. I read all the reviews I could get my hands on regarding the Rezound. Some say it's very quick and others that it lags. None mentioned if they were using live wallpaper.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah I don't use live wallpapers on my Rezound and I don't have any lag.

I might go ahead and get me a GNex.

I've just got a thing about speaker volume. Sounds like that is fixable though.

I think I'll be going to the Rezound. One thing that worth pointing out if you're going from Rezound to Gnex. You really have no extra screen real estate if that's your thing. Those three soft buttons are pretty much always there and take up the bottom of the screen. And unless you use a custom launcher you'll have less screen area than the Rezound because those Google bars are on top of every page. For a phone so big, they sure do waste alot of space with big soft buttons and a google bar on every screen.

Back