Going from Motorola Experience to Google experience

DropC

Reaction score
Ok, I've been playing around with my new X for half a month now. I'm kinda wanting to get rid of blur. The only blur-related app I like at all is the quick contact app, and Launcher Pro Plus messes that up anyway. LauncherPro looks better, but makes the phone slow down. I really want to know if there's a stable ROM for the X that does almost nothing except remove the "Motorola Experience" from the phone.

From what I've heard, Tranquility is pretty good. I have it downloaded to give it a try, but haven't actually installed yet. Sorry I can't give you more than that...

i just picked up the X frmo the Droid and i had the same question you had. guess its just too new>? im jus gonna keep using it...

I'm running Fab's ApeX ROM and loving it. There's another one coming out soon. ApeX removes all of the Blur stuff, it looks like the Droid 1 vanilla Android now. Love it and definitely recommend giving it a look. If you have problems with how to install it, let me know.

@sjon, does it add anything to the phone that wasn't there? Or is it pretty much the OS w/o the blur?

Off the top of my head,it adds wifi tether and music mod, which is basically the stock music player with more widgets. Thats it. Very fast and very stable, boots up quick and I get a lot better battery life. I would check it out if I were you - there's a thread for it in the Droid X Rims forum.

Back