Good-bye, Moto

Nope...not everybody is jumping the moto ship. I chose the razr maxx over the nexus. Ics? I can wait. Having to not charge my phone throughout the day or with out buying a brick battery or turning off features or rooting just to get through the day was to important for me. Don't really care bout a locked bootloader. Don't plan on rooting anyways. This phone just works. All day long.

I jumped from the Motorola ship after having several Motorola devices (Droid, Droid X, Droid Pro, Droid Bionic) to the Samsung ship with the Galaxy Nexus (I also had a Charge for a brief period of time several months back). Now I'm jumping back on the Motorola ship to the RAZR Maxx. The battery life and the better reception of the Maxx are just too important for me. I love the Nexus, stock Android, and ICS, but all of those things are useless if I can't actually use the phone (whether that's due to dropping signal completely in an area with incredible coverage, not getting any signal at all when three other Verizon smartphones sitting right next to it have a decent signal, or a draining battery).

I was just done with OEM skins, so the Nexus was very appealing and the X2 I got as a BOGO was driving me nuts. ICS is amazing and like someone said before what Android should be. I occasionally have an issue with the 4G/3G handoff thing; it's annoying but I'm looking forward to 4.0.5 to fix it. I didn't get a Nexus to root it and flash ROM's (though I may in the future), I really wanted a stock Android phone again.

Hardware has been great, though I use a case as it's slippery without one. Camera takes a bit of getting used to, but you can take some great pics with it. Perfect size IMO.

Back