GOOD droid phone for $150 to $200 this LG Revolution is absolute garbage.

I'm going to Verizon in the morning after having my phone overheat within 10 minutes of a trip home from the beach. Not the first time it's happened, but I'm finally going to go in and actually try and get it resolved. It's not even a 3 month old device yet.

So, I'm wondering which phone is fairly decent in the $150 to $200 price range from verizon. Hell, I may even throw more money at it and get one of the $299 phones, but highly doubt that. At this point I'd be happy with a basic flip phone because that's how bad this damn phone is.

BTW, I've made sure I've unrooted the phone and checked to see if any notices of root are left and can't find nothing. Any other ideas on checking to make sure they can't tell I rooted it? At this point even if they notice I did root it, I could use the fact that it was so effed up when I bought it that it made it SOMEWHAT usable.
The Big three (Razr, Galaxy Nexus and Rezound) are all in the $100 to $200 price range. I would recommend the Rezound over the others, but all of them are top tier phones and will be well supported. None of them is the best at everything, so which one to pick really depends on what features matter most to you. No phone is worth $299 on contract IMO.

LG has a top tier phone out now (the LG Spectrum) which is basically a watered down Rezound though it does have a great display. I would not recommend it over the Rezound though.

Next time I call Verizon about a issue should I flat out just tell them I want a new phone or what? Or are they going to just expect me to deal with having to pull the battery out for the next year and a half until I can upgrade.

Next time I call Verizon about a issue should I flat out just tell them I want a new phone or what? Or are they going to just expect me to deal with having to pull the battery out for the next year and a half until I can upgrade.
It will depend on whether or not you have a warranty. If your warranty is expired or you dont have one, you are SOL. Verizon will probably not help you.

If you do have a warranty, take it to a Verizon store and have them look at it. If it is obviously broken in some way (and it sounds like it is) they will overnight you a new one. In my experience, Verizon is pretty good about warranty service.

It's after the 14 days, but they've told me I have a year warranty on it. But knowing Verizon, they'll say I had a year back in November that ends on the 1st -_-.

I always opt for the insurance and extended warranty on all the phones I buy.

I've got the insurance on it and the 1 year warranty. Was being sarcastic up there lol.

They're overnighting a replacement one now. I just hope it's actually good though. From all the reviews I've read they're all like this =/.

I've got to send the current one back, so is there an app that can batch move all my apps to the SD card (I was dumb not to auto install em all there -_-) and my contacts/paid apps will be on google accounts right?

They're overnighting a replacement one now. I just hope it's actually good though. From all the reviews I've read they're all like this =/.

I've got to send the current one back, so is there an app that can batch move all my apps to the SD card (I was dumb not to auto install em all there -_-) and my contacts/paid apps will be on google accounts right?
Your contacts are attached to your GMail account, not the phone. All the Phone does is copy them from GMail.

All paid apps are also attached to your GMail account. Whatever phone uses that account will also have access to your paid apps. The Market remembers what your bought. None of that is stored only on the phone.

The lesson on here is dont buy LG, heh heh. You're not the first person I have heard who has complained about them. They dont have the best reputation.

So what are the odds of getting a whole different brand if the replacement model is sluggish from the get go or whatever. I mean, they can't really expect someone that has a smartphone to actually only use a very small part of it right? I'm a real heavy user so I'm probably just screwed until my upgrade comes aren't I?

EDIT: I just wished I didn't have to send my current phone back just in case. I was going to use that old one to try and practice using custom roms. Now I can't do that.

Last edited:
So what are the odds of getting a whole different brand if the replacement model is sluggish from the get go or whatever. I mean, they can't really expect someone that has a smartphone to actually only use a very small part of it right? I'm a real heavy user so I'm probably just screwed until my upgrade comes aren't I?

EDIT: I just wished I didn't have to send my current phone back just in case. I was going to use that old one to try and practice using custom roms. Now I can't do that.
I dont think you can technically get a different model unless they are out of stock. I have seen people on here claim that they got Verizon to give them a different model after sending it back 3 or 4 times, but I dont think they are "officially" obligated to do so. All the warranty covers is manufacturer defects...it does not cover crappy design, heh heh.

You could always try to eBay it and buy a new one retail (or from eBay). Make sure you take out your SD card if you send it in. They dont replace the SD Card.

They told me just send the phone and battery. So I'm assuming that also means I keep the sim card right?

This is the first phone I have ever had with a SIM card. But as I understand it, it is attached to your account. It is your personal "key" to the network.

So I am guessing that yeah, you take it out and keep it.

Just got the CLNR phone and android assistant is showing it running hotter right when I get it (nothing else loaded on it) than my old one ran with everything running. It's saying it's sitting at 84F and the only thing I did was install android assistant.

84F is extremely cool actually. Mine is currently at 91F. You dont have to worry about heat problems till at least 130F IMO. And the only phones I ever see that high are overclocked ones.

Back