Google map issue Km/Miles

JayDROIDX69

Reaction score
alright I've searched, and played around with the phone for bout a week and I still cant figure out how to change Km to miles on my google maps app.
Has anyone else experienced the problem or know how to do it cause i can't figure it out to save my life.

By any chance, do you have Settings > Location & security > Google location services and Verizon location services unchecked? If so, try checkmarking them. The units seem to pull from the location. Only check mark gps if you need the actual gps radio for navigation or you want to offer precise location services to other apps.

ive had those checked and unchecked it still reads distance in Km not miles.

1. Is your Maps v5.10.1?
2. If you go to maps and get directions between two points, do the written directions use mi or km?
3. Have you tried in manage apps to Force stop maps, clear cache, and clear data?

I can't think of anything else unless you want to uninstall and reinstall maps.

alright I've searched, and played around with the phone for bout a week and I still cant figure out how to change Km to miles on my google maps app.
Has anyone else experienced the problem or know how to do it cause i can't figure it out to save my life.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I just had the same issue. Do you happen to live near the border? Because I was near the border and it was showing me kilometers for the first time. After getting further away, it automatically changed to miles without any action on my part.

Wow looks like you can't change units. Odd I swear there used to be a choice.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

Back