Google Maps Updated!

Mojo

Reaction score
New Features Include:
* GPS Navigation (US only)
*Labs (compass arrow, scale bar, terrain layer, more)

Google Maps also includes
Business Listings
Driving/ transit/ walking directions
Street View
Traffic

**Also clicking anywhere on the map will bring up a "What's nearby" option which lets you know POI's that are near the clicked point on the map (or address).

Thanks Stigy!! I had not found that feature yet :icon_ banana:

I was following the Google conference today since TechCrunch was doing it live.

Hence how I knew about Google Goggles as soon as it was announced ;)

Google is doing SO well lately -- this is amazing.

I was following the Google conference today since TechCrunch was doing it live.

Hence how I knew about Google Goggles as soon as it was announced ;)

Google is doing SO well lately -- this is amazing.

your telling me!! it is very exciting times for Google!! And for the Android platform!

Updated and yes very very nice,,,, cool new features, i have always used gmaps and now having droid with gmaps is the ultimate gps map solution for me, works great!
on my omnia i used to go on laptop, get directions then save to my maps, then on omnia open and track with gps but now having the navigate and voice integrated is super nice and very easy to use
keep up the great work google!!!!!

Can someone tell me how to save the maps? I Googled and read elsewhere that the map can be saved as a Contact, but I see no such feature on the Droid. Thanks.

I saw on another thread that Google Maps wasn't working right with the update. This might take care of that as well.

I installed the update and must say, maps kicks butt now! Much faster and way more options than before the firmware update! Now hopefully it got rid of my echo, but I haven't made a call with it yet.:icon_ banana:

Can someone tell me how to save the maps? I Googled and read elsewhere that the map can be saved as a Contact, but I see no such feature on the Droid. Thanks.

If you add an address to your contact and then go into your contact it will give you a option to show on map or navigate to.:icon_ banana:

Where did you guys get this update?? I installed the latest update from the market and im not getting terrain layer..etc

Where did you guys get this update?? I installed the latest update from the market and im not getting terrain layer..etc

Go into maps and hit the menu soft touch key and go to more then labs then it should be there

Back