Google Play Store To Replace the Android Market

I think android market has always been one of google's weakest apps. It is exceedingly finicky and has huge problems keeping synchronized between the website and my phone... a mind boggling mystery as to why it does some of the things that it does. If this idiotic rebranding does not address any of these issues then it's simply more noise from a bunch of marketeers.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Meh, I feel like this gives it more of a gaming connotation, rather than an "everything is here" image... I feel like I can get more at a market than a Play Store.

Same here. I think this is going to have the opposite effect that they intended. When I see "Android Market", I think "Gee, I bet this is where I go to get CONTENT for my Android device."

When I see "Google Play", I think "Gee, now Google is starting its own online gaming service?"

To be honest, when I first saw this I thought it had to do with the Xperia Play.

Now it sounds like they only have games, movies and audio books since I can "play" The Hunger Games

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

And deals on good cheap CDs right now! Got The Wall for for the price of a single! :)
One of the reviews said the albums were only good for 7 days, then you need to pay full price. Does anyone know if that's true?

One of the reviews said the albums were only good for 7 days, then you need to pay full price. Does anyone know if that's true?

No. I got an email from Google starting that the 7 days it's referring to the fact that every day for the next7 days there will be a new CD, movie, apps, for sale. So basically, just check out everyday for their new deals.

I don't usually rent movies from them but I am travelling today so I couldn't pass up on renting a movie for 25 cents.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Why didn't they name it "Google Market"

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

The "built-in" icon, the one that looks like a white shopping bag, now doesn't work on my Droid 3. :soapbox:

The icon is still there after the forced update from Marketplace to Google Play, but when I tap on the icon, I get the error message "Application Not Installed On Your Phone". :frown:

At least Google should have cared enough to have make sure that the icon would now point to Google Play as part of their 5 seconds of testing.

Is there any way to complain about this to Google?

The "built-in" icon, the one that looks like a white shopping bag, now doesn't work on my Droid 3. :soapbox:

The icon is still there after the forced update from Marketplace to Google Play, but when I tap on the icon, I get the error message "Application Not Installed On Your Phone". :frown:

At least Google should have cared enough to have make sure that the icon would now point to Google Play as part of their 5 seconds of testing.

Is there any way to complain about this to Google?

It is not Google. That icon in the app tray is part of moto blur. Motorola has to fix it.

Play sounds childish. It makes me think of like the Sony PSPish phone or a Nintendo Wii or something along those lines. Market is about as broad a term as there could be

Play sounds childish. It makes me think of like the Sony PSPish phone or a Nintendo Wii or something along those lines. Market is about as broad a term as there could be

Yeah agreed. Not sure how or why people would get confused by the word market and not by play. Plus "Google play music" sounds horrible haha

What's wrong with market and show the diff categories like have ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

It is not Google. That icon in the app tray is part of moto blur. Motorola has to fix it.

Don't you think that, then, Google should have coordinated this "pseudo-upgrade" with Motorola, so that then Google forced this "pseudo- upgrade" into Motorola Droid phones, that this would have been automatically taken care of?

I still fault Google. They broke it.

Don't you think that, then, Google should have coordinated this "pseudo-upgrade" with Motorola, so that then Google forced this "pseudo- upgrade" into Motorola Droid phones, that this would have been automatically taken care of?

I still fault Google. They broke it.

What about samsung, htc, lg, etc.? Android runs on so many different devices how could anyone expect google to coordinate to make sure everyone plays nice?

Not the way it works. Google creates the OS and apps, the manufacturers have to adjust.

Back