Have searched high and low...

Kendraso

Reaction score
I have an HTC Incredible that i rooted way back when and use open garden on it for tethering. works amazing, even works with my ps3. the problem im having is this: i got my wife an x2 for christmas this year, have already rooted it without incident, but have no found a proper tethering option to let her phone connect to the ps3 so she can play stuff online while im at work.. ive searched these forums, xda's forums, and stabbed google so many times for an answer i feel like a seriel killer >.>

if anyone has any info that im somehow missing, please help me. Her X2 is running gingerbread, rooted using doomlords method from these forums actually, and have updated what i think needed updating. have done soft resets and such, still no luck. both her phone and mine are on the old unlimited internet through verizon, whom i work for funny enough. my incredible i believe is still on froyo, not sure, have had it since december of last year and not seen any difference in the OS on it and ive been using open garden flawlessly with it for months. the laptop i use is on xp, and picks up open garden for both phones, but as two types of connections, which may be wherein the problem lies. the connection my laptop says my HTC is listed as is a wireless network, whereas the X2 is listed as a computer-to-computer network. the ps3 picks up the tether from the HTC perfectly fine, but not the X2. both phones use same version of open garden, although i dont have the ability to use access control on the X2, which may be another issue.

sorry if this post was lengthy, but i tried to provide as much information as possible to help narrow down the issue(s).

Try searching wifi tether in the android market. First choice should start with a b. That's you best bet......

From what I've read, you cannot use any of the wi-fi apps from the market. You need to do the radio comm hack to be able to do any kind of Wi-Fi tethering.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

From what I've read, you cannot use any of the wi-fi apps from the market. You need to do the radio comm hack to be able to do any kind of Wi-Fi tethering.

For the x2 yes... You'll need to either use the radio com method... Or flash a rom that already has it... I flashed liberty three on a friends x2... Tethering works flawlessly on it

We have nothing to fear but running out if beer

What tethering app are you and your buddies using on Liberty, or are you using the mobile hotspots that's in the settings?

I downloaded the file that it says it needs to run with liberty and put it on my internal SD card, but it still won't let me run the barnacle app. How did you get it to work?

Last edited:
I got barnacle to work but it won't load pages like gmail and Hotmail? How can I fix this?

It does not matter what ROM you are running as long as you are rooted you should be able to just install barnacle and run it. Superuser will ask for permission and that should be all you need to do.

Yeah, like I said, I got it to work but it won't let me connect to secure sites like gmail and Hotmail.

Most websites work fine, but when I try to go to gmail's page or Hotmail, it comes up "internet explorer cannot load this page".

I use barnacle Wi-Fi tether. It works just fine. Used it on liberty and eclipse 1.3.

Back