HELP!!! Droid screen wont power up!

rayswift

Reaction score
Just woke up this morning and when I took my phone off the charger and press the power button, the screen will not power up! I tried taking out the battery and turning it on again. No luck. I know it still works because when I took out the battery, put the battery back in and powered it up, I felt that little vibrate when its about to show the home screen. Also, when I flip out the keyboard, the lights on the keyboard turn on. Ever since this update, my phone has been F@#%ing up. Really slow, freezing, certain apps wont work, wont allow me to answer calls/make calls due to lag, wont respond to youtube widget or play my vids recorded off the camera.

I know my phone is still under factory warranty because I bought this phone in mid December. I dont have the receipt for the phone from Best Buy but I do have the customer agreement with the store address and date of purchase. I typed in my serial number on the Verizon website and says Im still under warranty. My question is, can I just bring it in and get replaced by a new phone without my receipt? The phone is in perfect cosmetic condition except for a small LITTLE ding on the bottom. Opposite of the "Verizon" logo on the bottom right corner. No scratches on screen or phone. Protective cover is on the screen.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
they will replace your phone no problem its all in the records

try getting recovery on your phone, X + power key

Just woke up this morning and when I took my phone off the charger and press the power button, the screen will not power up! I tried taking out the battery and turning it on again. No luck. I know it still works because when I took out the battery, put the battery back in and powered it up, I felt that little vibrate when its about to show the home screen. Also, when I flip out the keyboard, the lights on the keyboard turn on. Every since this update, my phone has been F@#%ing up. Really slow, freezing, certain apps wont work, wont allow me to answer calls/make calls due to lag, wont respond to youtube widget or play my vids recorded off the camera.

I know my phone is still under factory warranty because I bought this phone in mid December. I dont have the receipt for the phone from Best Buy but I do have the customer agreement with the store address and date of purchase. Can I just bring it in and get replaced by a new phone? The phone is in perfect cosmetic condition except for a small LITTLE ding on the bottom. Opposite of the "Verizon" logo on the bottom right corner. No scratches on screen or phone. Protective cover is on the screen.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Either a bad charger or battery. I'm betting battery.

See if Verizon will give you another one. You may want to bring the charger with you too.

Same general type of problem.

When powered up my phone sometimes sits on the "M" and it won't go to the home page or anywhere. I have to take the battery out and put it back in to make it work, but I shouldn't have to do this? Help

they will replace your phone no problem its all in the records

try getting recovery on your phone, X + power key

Thanks! Another question, what will happen to all my contacts, media and apps that I purchased? Are they all on the SD card?

Also, sorry for the the dumb question but, what do you mean by "Getting recovery, X + Power Key?"

Back