Help- My phone's battery drained now stuck in a boot loop

nikecar

Reaction score
Ok. Last night I was mowing the grass (I knew I shouldn't have listened to the wife) and listening to music as I always do. I didn't realize it but the phone (Rezound) drained a bit faster than expected and died completely. So I went to to charge it, and left it overnight, off naturally, now when I power it on, its stuck on a boot loop.

It goes throught the startup animation, and once it gets to Sense, in the few seconds before the radios kick in and it finds the cell service, it reboots and starts all over again. Only way to get it to stop is pulling the battery out.

I started to do the hard reset, but when I got to the window for it, all I saw was Factory Reset (I guess they are the same) so I selected the option for reboot.

The light to charge does show its charging, and at one point, when I had it plugged in this morning, and managed to swipe the ring to get to my swipe lock screen, it was saying I was at 99%. then it goes all slow and then rebooted.

I used the factory wall charger, and its drained I think once or twice before, and I have done the FoxKat method of calibrating before this. Not sure if its a battery thing, since it will power up, or not.

I'm stock, non rooted, on GB.

Any suggestions on what to do?

I don't really want to do a factory reset as I'd like to have my messages saved. I did save them last week when I saw ICS was available, but i have some new since. I'm pretty sure my pictures and videos will be saved during the reset. I don't think that folder gets wiped. However I was going to try going to a VZW store to see about a new battery. The phone is new since June.

Back