Help With Soundhound

callawassi

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why Soundhound doesn't work on my phone? I am wondering if my settings to conserve battery power has something to do with the app not being able to gather the information needed to tell me what is playing on the car radio. Why does the app display a map of my location?

Can someone tell me why Soundhound doesn't work on my phone? I am wondering if my settings to conserve battery power has something to do with the app not being able to gather the information needed to tell me what is playing on the car radio. Why does the app display a map of my location?

The app or settings could be the culprit. Some of the battery saving apps cause apps to act weird depending on what the battery saving app does. Without knowing what you are using, or what you did, it is impossible to know that for sure. But in theory yes, it could have an impact on a malfunctioning app.

According to soundhound themselves
Your Location – Saved with your searches in History to help you remember where you heard the song. This can be disabled under Options.

^ from SoundHound Inc.

I don't have a specific app such as Juice Defender. I disabled "data" under the mobile networks setting and changed to 3G rather than 4G. Other than lowering the brightness of the screen I have left everything else pretty much the same. I read to disable Google + which I haven't looked into yet. I don't even know if the phone is running Google + to be honest. If Soundhound uses the Internet wouldn't that be a reason the search cannot be found? Also I saw that Soundhound says to change the "port" if you have trouble. Could changing the port cause trouble with the phone. It isn't worth it to me having the app if I am complicating the performance of the phone. The phone isn't rooted.

yeah, soundhound needs data to work. it searches the internet database to get a match to what it just heard.

I don't have a specific app such as Juice Defender. I disabled "data" under the mobile networks setting and changed to 3G rather than 4G. Other than lowering the brightness of the screen I have left everything else pretty much the same. I read to disable Google + which I haven't looked into yet. I don't even know if the phone is running Google + to be honest. If Soundhound uses the Internet wouldn't that be a reason the search cannot be found? Also I saw that Soundhound says to change the "port" if you have trouble. Could changing the port cause trouble with the phone. It isn't worth it to me having the app if I am complicating the performance of the phone. The phone isn't rooted.

Yeah you need a data connection for Soundhound to work properly, as it does it's song deciphering magic on their servers, it then sends you the results back.

Google + enabled or disabled should have nothing to do with it working. Google +, if it comes stock on your device (I kinda doubt the Fascinate would have it stock due to it being relatively new), you would need to be rooted to remove it or be on Ice Cream Sandwich. If you downloaded it yourself, you should be able to remove it via settings > apps > *insert name of app* and then click uninstall.

Back