help!!!

thibaulb

Reaction score
I'm having some problems with bootstrap recovery. I'm trying to install the darkslide rom, i've got the ROM on my SD card, all my data backed up. When i use bootstraper and reboot recovery the phone reboots and i get the droid with the triangle and exlamation point above him, not the green text like i am supposed to, when i hit the search button there is a message at the bottom of the screen that says "E:Cant open /cache/recovery/command.

no idea what i'm doing wrong. I've read through every thread i could find and was unable to find anyone else having this issue!

what am i doing wrong?

Uninstall the bootstrapper and reinstall it. If that doesn't work then dl Rom Manager and flash it through there (people say its useless, it isn't. That's how i first got it to work before I knew about the bootstrapper).

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

Uninstall the bootstrapper and reinstall it. If that doesn't work then dl Rom Manager and flash it through there (people say its useless, it isn't. That's how i first got it to work before I knew about the bootstrapper).

thats exactly what i was just looking at acutally. i tried uninstalling and renistalling, did the same thing. do you know if there are any guides on how to use rom manager?

I'm having some problems with bootstrap recovery. I'm trying to install the darkslide rom, i've got the ROM on my SD card, all my data backed up. When i use bootstraper and reboot recovery the phone reboots and i get the droid with the triangle and exlamation point above him, not the green text like i am supposed to, when i hit the search button there is a message at the bottom of the screen that says "E:Cant open /cache/recovery/command.

no idea what i'm doing wrong. I've read through every thread i could find and was unable to find anyone else having this issue!

what am i doing wrong?

are you currently on stock .340 and rooted? Also you must mount system before installing darklside. Rom manager will not work without bootstrap. you have to run bootstrap, then you can use rom manager.

Not that I know of. Just when you install it its the top option. Click it, select phone model and there you go. Should be able to boot into recovery using the bootstrapper after that.

what am i doing wrong?

are you currently on stock .340 and rooted? Also you must mount system before installing darklside. Rom manager will not work without bootstrap. you have to run bootstrap, then you can use rom manager.

yes, i am on stock .340 and i am rooted. What exactly do you mean by mount system?

Not that I know of. Just when you install it its the top option. Click it, select phone model and there you go. Should be able to boot into recovery using the bootstrapper after that.

when i click the top option (flash clockworkmod recovery) it says that my sd card needs to be mounted to use rom manager. I have my phone connected to the computer right now. usb is in mass storage mode, and debugging is on....wtf do i need to do to mount it???

The reason your sd card is not mounted is because you're using it in mass storage mode. You need to disconnect it from the computer to mount the card back to your phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

The reason your sd card is not mounted is because you're using it in mass storage mode. You need to disconnect it from the computer to mount the card back to your phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ahhh...im an idiot

Darsklide
Install:
Bootstrap recovery
Mount System
Wipe data/factory reset (if all ready on DarkSlide there is not a need to do this step)
Install from zip
choose zip
choose DarkSlide
Install
Reboot
Enjoy

bootstrap recovery has an option to mount system etc, select mount system, back button to get out of menu, then proceed with install as per instructions

ok so after i mounted the sd card, i hit the top option (flash clockworkmod recovery) and then hit the button below that (reboot into recovery) and the phone just rebooted, nothing happened....

i feel like a moron asking all these questions, and in all the threads i read this whole process seemed pretty easy, i just cant figure out for the life of me how to get bootstrapper to work!!! or how to use this rom manager!1:soapbox:

Darsklide
Install:
Bootstrap recovery
Mount System
Wipe data/factory reset (if all ready on DarkSlide there is not a need to do this step)
Install from zip
choose zip
choose DarkSlide
Install
Reboot
Enjoy

bootstrap recovery has an option to mount system etc, select mount system, back button to get out of menu, then proceed with install as per instructions

my problem is when i reboot into recovery i dont reboot into the bootstrapper green word screen. i boot in to the droid's recovery screen or whatever you call it. i get a message at the bottom of the screen also saying "E:Cant open /cache/recovery/command"

ok so after i mounted the sd card, i hit the top option (flash clockworkmod recovery) and then hit the button below that (reboot into recovery) and the phone just rebooted, nothing happened....

i feel like a moron asking all these questions, and in all the threads i read this whole process seemed pretty easy, i just cant figure out for the life of me how to get bootstrapper to work!!! or how to use this rom manager!1:soapbox:

Give it time to install. When it pops up asking for su then give it a minute or 2 after. It takes about a minute to download the file that it flashes then another minute for it to actually install it.

Lol, its good that your asking. It allows you to learn so that you xan pass on your knowledge that was passed to you :)

Give it time to install. When it pops up asking for su then give it a minute or 2 after. It takes about a minute to download the file that it flashes then another minute for it to actually install it.

Lol, its good that your asking. It allows you to learn so that you xan pass on your knowledge that was passed to you :)

Bootstraper will let you know that su permission as been granted before you can continue. are you sure you have root?

yup, it pops up a notification everytime it grants an application superuser permissions

Back