Here's how I ruined my first Droid

It says expressly to power off the device and keep it off for at least an hour after installation to allow any extra solution to evaporate before powering on.

It actually says to allow 24 hours.... but who is gonna do that?

It says expressly to power off the device and keep it off for at least an hour after installation to allow any extra solution to evaporate before powering on.

No it does not, look at the paper instructions shipped with the actual product, paper, that has 11 steps:

1, wash hands
2, wipe off device
3, (sparkling device picture here)
4, sponge fingers to wet them, this helps avoid fingerprints on the invisibleSHIELD
5, remove invis from backing
6, sponge shield
7, align shield
8, wet front with sponge
9, squeegee
10; "LET DRY FOR 12-24 HRS"
11, (sparkling device picture, with newly installed shield)

Nowhere do I see powering off and on the device, this is sitting right in front of me. Im not looking to argue, just have a constructive and probably humerous thread. My problem is fixed for now i just wanna hear how people wrecked stuff. Hahaha

Ever since I dropped my Droid in the parking lot and cracked the screen I've been less cautious when cleaning it. Meaning I'm going to file an insurance claim one of these days to get it replaced (waiting to see if I drop it again first) and so I'm not worried about scratching the screen so I've been cleaning it by vigorously rubbing it on my bluejeans for a couple seconds. Works much faster and easier than rubbing it against a cotton shirt or micro fiber cloth. Thought this would scratch it but other than the crack, the screen looks great. It's been naked since I bought it and I like it that way. I luv it long time.

Ever since I dropped my Droid in the parking lot and cracked the screen I've been less cautious when cleaning it. Meaning I'm going to file an insurance claim one of these days to get it replaced (waiting to see if I drop it again first) and so I'm not worried about scratching the screen so I've been cleaning it by vigorously rubbing it on my bluejeans for a couple seconds. Works much faster and easier than rubbing it against a cotton shirt or micro fiber cloth. Thought this would scratch it but other than the crack, the screen looks great. It's been naked since I bought it and I like it that way. I luv it long time.

So you're going to commit insurance fraud because you weren't careful with your phone? That's pretty ****ty since it causes honest people to pay more for their insurance deductibles and monthly payments. I fall into the latter group and prefer not to have it thrown in my face.

So you're going to commit insurance fraud because you weren't careful with your phone? That's pretty ****ty since it causes honest people to pay more for their insurance deductibles and monthly payments. I fall into the latter group and prefer not to have it thrown in my face.
I'm already paying the monthly insurance premium on it. It's not going to cost you a penny.

No it does not, look at the paper instructions shipped with the actual product, paper, that has 11 steps:

1, wash hands
2, wipe off device
3, (sparkling device picture here)
4, sponge fingers to wet them, this helps avoid fingerprints on the invisibleSHIELD
5, remove invis from backing
6, sponge shield
7, align shield
8, wet front with sponge
9, squeegee
10; "LET DRY FOR 12-24 HRS"
11, (sparkling device picture, with newly installed shield)

Nowhere do I see powering off and on the device, this is sitting right in front of me. Im not looking to argue, just have a constructive and probably humerous thread. My problem is fixed for now i just wanna hear how people wrecked stuff. Hahaha

I'm not trying to fight either, just letting people know, that's all.

The inside of the package and the white paper insert say "For more installation instructions and tips visit - www.zagg.com/installation"

The video offered says to power off the device at the beginning and not to use the phone for 12 hours.

I was wrong about the 24 from the video.

I think this company is .... overwhelmed and not very well organized. They have these videos online that give much more thorough information but they don't include it with the actual purchased material, which is lame. :(

They also use dummy devices in their videos. *shifty eyes*

I ruined my first shield and I also was a bit miffed about the shipping and handling, but eh, I'd rather have the coverage.

Best Buy will install it for me. (Full body for $13, seems like a wise investment for me when I get my replacement.)

We pay for the insurance(that covers accidental dmg - dropping) so we can make claims when we break it. We pay the deductible for the claim.... How does that effect you?

Silly.

I don't know why anyone uses the Zagg shield, what a nuisance to have to wet the thing. Seidio screen protectors don't require anything other than placing it on and it's perfect. There are multiple other protectors that don't require wetting anything, Zagg uses an archaic way of applying their protectors and I can't imagine anyone choosing them over any other quality brand.

I see no reason to use a screen protector or any kind of phone protection at all. The gorilla glass survives my pocket filled with change, keys, etc as well as any light drops. If anything major ever happens, I've got insurance and perfect credit history with verizon, so I'd get a new droid by just walking in and asking. I never put a screen protector on my blackberry storm, and after over a year of heavy usage the screen still looked brand new when it was wiped down a bit. As long as you aren't stupid with your phone there really isn't a need for it.

Sorry, gorilla glass is nothing special, sand particles can still scratch it, there's been numerous accounts of it so far.

There's no reason NOT to use a screen protector as you cannot even see the higher quality ones and the Seidio one doesn't even effect the way it feels.

How long did you wait (let it dry) after installation did you wait until powering on the phone?
I'm sure that's why Zagg and others (that use liquid during the installation) suggest 24hrs 'drying time' after installation. While I'm sure that's probably overboard I wouldn't turn it on for at least a few hours (preferably overnight). But at least VZW was good enough to give you a new one:icon_ banana:

i have the full body invisible sheild by zagg, and i had it installed at a zagg stand in the mall, she used a liquid for adhesive and then, she sprayed some foam and as i freaked out she handed me a peice of paper with all chemicals they use and how they arent suposed to harm phone or void warranty. maybe they send something different with the do it your self kit. id google zagg and see if there is a place close that can do it for you, i have had them replace 2 full body wraps and i havent paid a cent over the 38 bucks and change from 1st visit.
love it btw, u can still put a case on it or use all docks and what not

Hahahahah, I appreciate everyones comments, BUT I actually wanted this to be a thread on how you broke your droid, not a hijacked thread disussing the differences on screen protectors. There's plenty of those, to each their own. Use or don't use what u want. How'd you break your phones?

How long did you wait (let it dry) after installation did you wait until powering on the phone?
I'm sure that's why Zagg and others (that use liquid during the installation) suggest 24hrs 'drying time' after installation. While I'm sure that's probably overboard I wouldn't turn it on for at least a few hours (preferably overnight). But at least VZW was good enough to give you a new one:icon_ banana:

8.5 hrs by a fan.

Back